Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best grooming brush for labs

• 02-03-2015 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if fellow lab owners could recommend a really good grooming brush. i have 3 or 4 and 1 is quite decent(picked it up in TKMaxx) but I'm hoping there is something better out there. thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Benno (Lab/St. Bernard mix) is doing quite well with this:

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_grooming_care/combs_brushes/395328

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'd recommend a double row rake for the undercoat and then a slicker or rubber brush like peasant has linked to above for the top coat.

This is the rake I have - got it from vetuk but they don't seem to stock them anymore?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gripsoft-Grooming-Double-Undercoat-Rake/dp/B0006349TY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425315915&sr=8-1&keywords=double+row+rake

It does depend on the individual dog's coat though. I have a zoom groom rubber brush that lifts loads of Lucy's coat but hardly any of Baileys! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bluejelly

thanks for the links. i was looking at the furminator comb earlier along with the furminator deshedding tool. there seems to be mixed reviews on the deshedding tool but it sounds really good. has anyone used this? todays amazon order is getting bigger and bigger :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

my mil had a lovely labrador and they used a furminator it worked amazingly well, sometimes it was like shearing a sheep! Harry really seemed to enjoy the brush is well!
    The brush when used regularly really reduced the amount he shredded is well

Thanks for info, think I'll buy one and use it when the weather gets a bit warmer just incase it takes too much off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I stopped using our furninator because it damaged Bailey's coat..although you might get away with it on a lab's short coat.

Ok so I bought the Furminator deshedding tool and the curry comb from zooplus. Thanks for the feedback"...............I'm expecting a dog hair free home soon :)http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_...brushes/395328

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

bluejelly wrote: »
    ...............I'm expecting a dog hair free home soon :)

You're moving house? :D

I thought the plastic curry comb for my pony was the absolute best on the Labs - and they loved it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I found Ferminator to be the best come on our labs. Make sure to do it in your garden though!!! If you have a dyson they also have an attachment which is really good (just as good as ferminator if your dog has thick hair but not as good if your dog has thin hair!).

• Advertisement
Advertisement