Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brock Lesnar: Will he? Won't he?

• 01-03-2015 4:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭

Brock Lesnar spotted at UFC184.

Of course that could mean anything!!!

Who will Brock be signed with come April 79 votes

WWE
    0% 0 votes
    UFC
    45% 36 votes
    Bellator
    53% 42 votes
    Other (specify)
    1% 1 vote

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Didn't he get in trouble for attending a UFC event around the time of his match with Triple H at Summerslam?

Nothing Vince can do now; Brock has an insane amount of leverage; ending the streak added to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Eat
    Sleep
    Do a few wrestling matches.
    Attend UFC events
    Collect money
    Repeat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lesnar is dead right, get what you can when youv'e got the leverage, Vince would do the exact same thing.

I feel some lyrics from a certain coo theme song should sum that pic above up

Its all about the game, and how you play it
    Its all about control and if you can take it.
    Dont you forget theres a price you can pay, cos i am the game and i want to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

CM Punk once wanted to walk Sonnen to the octagon in Chicago and vince refused. Punk said it would've been great publicity if the current WWE champion showed up at the UFC. Vince said no.

Good man Brock, you have them over a barrel, now have fun with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

If Brock doesn't sign a new deal, I can see the main event being even more of a train wreck than I was expecting, similar to Lesnar v Goldberg at WM20.

The way Lesnar has destroyed people, I don't buy it that Reigns could beat him, at least not yet. I mean I don't even buy that he could beat the Undertaker for the streak, so we are supposed to buy it that he could beat the guy who beat Taker?

Its a shame as Reigns comes across as really likeable, he's just not ready yet.

Meltzer this morning said Brock and Vince had a screaming match. So loud people within ear shot were worried for Vince's health.

Does Lesnar really have them over a barrel? If I were Vince and I thought someone was being unreasonable I'd let them leave.

But I guess that's why I'm not a multi-millionaire and he is :D

Brock is still under his current WWE contract WWE would sue the arse off him if he doesn't live up to it. If it is publicly known Brock is leaving then Reigns may be roundly cheered in the match or the crowd could boo them both like they did for Lesnar-Goldberg.

Lana and Rusev have gone public and have bought a nice gaff:
    http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/01/wwe-lana-rusev-buy-home-together-new-house-photos-nashville/

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Rocking the suit baby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

veganrun wrote: »
    Does Lesnar really have them over a barrel? If I were Vince and I thought someone was being unreasonable I'd let them leave.

But I guess that's why I'm not a multi-millionaire and he is :D

They have so few main eventers and nobody else like him. So they really need him.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Seriesscrewjob.jpg

#screwjob2015

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

rovert wrote: »
    Brock is still under his current WWE contract WWE would sue the arse off him if he doesn't live up to it. If it is publicly known Brock is leaving then Reigns may be roundly cheered in the match or the crowd could boo them both like they did for Lesnar-Goldberg.

I would be more worried, if I was them, that the current era has fans backing the people making stands against WWE, both in Kayfabe (Bryan being cheered in spite of WWE wanting to lower his position) and out (Punk).

Brock leaving for greener pastures, in front of the smarkiest crowd of the year, up against the guy people have a resentment towards, could well make him he biggest baby face on the show.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I would be more worried, if I was them, that the current era has fans backing the people making stands against WWE, both in Kayfabe (Bryan being cheered in spite of WWE wanting to lower his position) and out (Punk).

Brock leaving for greener pastures, in front of the smarkiest crowd of the year, up against the guy people have a resentment towards, could well make him he biggest baby face on the show.

That's a fair point WWE are the heels these days. Also not to the degree of 5 years ago but UFC has street/internet cred especially with Punk in the fold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Reigns pins Brock at Mania to be greeted by a deafening U F C chant for the departing Lesnar.

I really want to see a train wreck at Mania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brock to sign a new $1m a month contract with the WWE having only to make 3 apperances a month 2 Raws and 1 PPV or Brock signs with the UFC and makes $12m from a couple of fights in bounes wages etc.

Brock to sign a new $1m a month contract with the WWE having only to make 3 apperances a month 2 Raws and 1 PPV or Brock signs with the UFC and makes $12m from a couple of fights in bounes wages etc.

The WWE deal sounds better for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    Seriesscrewjob.jpg

#screwjob2015

Can Reigns even perform a submission?

Not knowing the figures involved but if I was Brock, I'd take the WWE deal. It's a cushy gig. Show up every few months, look mean on a few episodes of Raw while Heyman does the talking and then perform in a PPV match.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

J. Marston wrote: »

Bear hug or sleeper hold. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd love to know what Undertaker makes of all this given what happened last year at Mania.

• Advertisement

An File wrote: »
    Bear hug or sleeper hold. :P

I really want to see Rusev do a bear hug finisher now.

Dana White asked about Brock being at the fight last night.
    He’s a fan of fights. He wanted to come watch the fights. When his contract is up with the WWE, he can come talk to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

J. Marston wrote: »

it never stopped Cena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

it never stopped Cena
    Or the Rock ,Austin and Hogan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'd love to know what Undertaker makes of all this given what happened last year at Mania.

Dropping the streak to Lesnar could maybe turn out to the biggest booking f*ck-up of the decade (at least) for WWE. You have to say that it was a gamble, to begin with, centering the build around a guy like Brock who isn't, and doesn't need to in any way, put up with WWE's s**t, and is mainly there for the money. I think Brock's the most believable guy they have on the roster by a very considerable distance and I had believed the news that he would be re-signing. Now, I don't know what to think. I don't wish bad on WWE but it seems like the only thing that will make them consider serious reform is being embroiled in scandal and general woe.

As for the Undertaker, didn't he originally want to drop the streak to Brock in a previous Wrestlemania? I'd say he was happy to do it at the time because he thought the rub was going to someone worthy, and I doubt he thinks about it all too much in his day-to-day. Professionally speaking, he may have a few choice words for Vince over the whole affair. I'd like for 'Taker come in and basically demand that Bray go over him this year and tell the WWE to stop relying on him for PPV buys or Network subs. The man's done enough for that company and should probably use what remains of his shine to elevate Bray Wyatt, who should stick around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

think it was Angle he originally wanted to give the streak to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Pretty sure he wanted to give the streak to Kane as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭briany

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Pretty sure he wanted to give the streak to Kane as well.

I have to think you're talking about WM XIV here because Kane was (no pun intended) on fire at that time. At the same time that was pretty much before the streak was even a thing. Certainly dropping it at that time wouldn't have had that much gravitas. Angle would have been a better shout alright, although in hindsight Punk probably should have been the man. I don't think he would have walked if the WWE showed that kind of faith in him to carry that torch and given that rub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

think it was Angle he originally wanted to give the streak to

They tried to get the match years ago, that time Brock lost a UFC fight and Taker was cageside doing an interview. UFC didn't want Brock doing pro wrestling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Orton at 21 would have been my pick. It was actually believable too at the time.

Advertisement