Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brock Lesnar: Will he? Won't he?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

THE COACH:

CA5clhhWsAArXkX.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

There's hope for the main event at WM yet

Virtanen wrote: »
    There's hope for the main event at WM yet

Yes this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Must be getting some amount of money

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Must be getting some amount of money

1257882_o.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Interestingly, the odds of 6/4 on him winning with Paddy Power haven't shortened at all. Either they haven't updated the price yet or don't think his re-signing will affect the result. I couldn't resist putting a large bet on for that price, I think this changes everything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Delighted

Hopefully he smashes RR to smithereens

Terrible idea. A Brock win goes nowhere. It's means he will be standing in the ring with the title with that disinterested look of his as Heyman waffles on every week.

The best course of action now is Heyman to screw him and side with Reigns. Brock becomes a massive babyface and it also takes care of the Reigns situation. Heyman can claim that Brock left him out of the new contract negotiations or something to explain why he screwed him.

They have obviously invested heavily in Brock now so they have to freshen him up. His role at the moment is boring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Why not keep it secret until after WM?

Also, you can't beat him now can you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Brock vs Rock next year, please.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Brock vs Rock next year, please.

The biggest wrestlemania of all time and you want a movie star in the main event? How about they use this massive platform to showcase wrestlers who will be there the week after Mania?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Tugboats wrote: »
    The biggest wrestlemania of all time and you want a movie star in the main event? How about they use this massive platform to showcase wrestlers who will be there the week after Mania?

They won't though. The Rock is money.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Also, you can't beat him now can you?

Seth_Rollins_Mr_Money_In_The_Bank_05July2014.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

WrestleMania isn't about the talent on the full-time roster, unless their name is John Cena. Brock vs. Rock sells, and I for one would love to see that in the main event next year. The biggest WrestleMania should have the biggest stars and the biggest matches.

I am going to dance around this very carefully. My understanding of the WWE / UFC is that there is some sort of relationship there, despite what both sides say publicly, there is a cross over with fans of both sports and they know this. You will see more cross over between wrestlers and fighters.

Lesnar was hurt towards the end of his UFC run and his move to WWE would keep him relevant among fight fans. The idea was for Lesnar to get back to his 100% and stay in the public eye, then return to UFC.
    I however think something has changed with this due to the fact that drug testing is becoming even more prevalent within the UFC.

martyos121 wrote: »
    WrestleMania isn't about the talent on the full-time roster, unless their name is John Cena. Brock vs. Rock sells, and I for one would love to see that in the main event next year. The biggest WrestleMania should have the biggest stars and the biggest matches.

Nonsense. The main event at Wrestlemania should be between two WWE wrestlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

rovert wrote: »
    Yes this:

Of course who wouldn't love to see big show win the wwe title at mania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I personally think Brock comes across very well just as himself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nonsense. The main event at Wrestlemania should be between two WWE wrestlers.

There's a long, long list of things WWE SHOULD be doing, but I wouldn't list "Don't do Brock/Rock" on it high. It would be a money match that fans want to see.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    There's a long, long list of things WWE SHOULD be doing, but I wouldn't list "Don't do Brock/Rock" on it high. It would be a money match that fans want to see.

Stone cold as guest referee and Undertaker as guest time keeper to spice it up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That's the most i've heard Brock talk.

He comes across great.

If there was any doubt
    CA5qrtzWgAApgb3.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

So we're eventually gonna see...

Rock vs Brock
    Bryan vs Brock

Any others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm delighted to hear this news but my cynical side is gnawing away at me.

Didn't Chris Jericho one time announce ahead of a match about a decade ago, think it was against Cena, that he had signed a new deal, with the purpose being to throw off the scent all those who had figured out he was leaving after the match and who had therefore figured he was losing. It turned out then that he had only signed a short term deal and he was soon off on his way.

Could something similar be at work here?

So we're eventually gonna see...

Rock vs Brock
    Bryan vs Brock

Any others?

Owens
    Zayn
    Balor
    Samoa Joe

*Hopefully*
    **People they haven't ruined**

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'm delighted to hear this news but my cynical side is gnawing away at me.

Didn't Chris Jericho one time announce ahead of a match about a decade ago, think it was against Cena, that he had signed a new deal, with the purpose being to throw off the scent all those who had figured out he was leaving after the match and who had therefore figured he was losing. It turned out then that he had only signed a short term deal and he was soon off on his way.

Could something similar be at work here?

Brock has always struck me as an honest guy. Yes he's in it mostly for the money but he's honest about it.

Jericho has always had an agenda behind everything he does.

Watch him show up at UFC in 6 months now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Triple H announced it as a multi-year deal though. So I doubt it's something to throw people off the scent to be honest.

Triple H announced it as a multi-year deal though. So I doubt it's something to throw people off the scent to be honest.

I think there's Wallstreet St. rules against something like that. This is outside of a storyline realm too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Coach said that Lesnar would be performing four times a week. He obviously hasn't done his research.

Lesnar said he got a lot more money. Hopefully Vince negotiated a couple of extra matches per year out of him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Brock V Owens and Brock v Balor are now possible ☺

Brock v Orton and Brock v Rollins are feuds i want to see in the next year.

Advertisement