Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Án Bhialann_breakfast

• 02-03-2015 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Has anyone else got a problem in what they are charge for a breakfast at Án Bhialann, usually I get the mini which is €4.50 which includes a tea and toast, sometime I am a little more wanting and get an extra rasher, no problem you would think, add the price of an extra item to the mini, well more often than not that applies, except this morning Mon 2/3/15, this ould wan charged me €6.10 I asked what the heck? she told me in no certain terms that every item was 0.80 cent plus the tea plus the toast and extra for butter, now that can't be right I hate going to that ould wan anyways she would make the milk sour in me tea.
    I phone the manager............... I will probably have my PhD by the time he gets back
    Signed,
    Very mad Second Science Student :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Prices change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Simple economics, as demand rises/supply falls there is an increase in price. The result is that those who can afford it continue to buy it and those who cannot afford it go without it or buy an alternative.

(or they may need to increase price for other reasons)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Actually I prefer to stay out of the Bialann for the reason that it's not cheap and staff in there are brutally rude with a few exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LadyMgt

Án Bhialann is disgusting dirty and don't mention the staff, rude and would ruin your appetite by their attitude. I avoid at all costs ...........oh yes does anyone remember their Heathy Fridays ......they just took chips off the menu ......and chips are probably their best, says a lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I used to go there a lot last year, (as a first year) until I discovered that there are other plenty of other places to eat better food with friendly service in cleaner surroundings for similar prices.

And where they don't make you break a €20 note for 5 cent.

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »
    And where they don't make you break a €20 note for 5 cent.

What's really annoying is when they charge €5.02 and proceed to give you €4.98 from a tenner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭Lostman1990

Bad food, bad service, bad pricing...all really points to bad management. I avoid the place completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Reveuse

Last day I waited 45 minutes to have half as much vegetables as usual and they weren't even cooked properly, (there was still so much water inside the plate). I'll never come back. I had one of their loyalty cards, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DrHook

Now that we are out of term less grumpy staff less choices of muck on the menu ..........I suppose it's not all bad :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3 heypaul!

wow I thought it was a once off (i never go to bialann) when I saw a big bald guy making a roll, who just found out the girl didn't have her wallet and as she apologised saying she didn't want it now, throw said roll at the wall angrily beside the bin. I wondered how someone could be employed in a university serving students and have that attitude... so they're all like that? I'm not a tiny lad and I was seriously intimidated by the man I can't imagine how much he frightened the girl...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭I Am_Not_Ice

heypaul! wrote: »
    wow I thought it was a once off (i never go to bialann) when I saw a big bald guy making a roll, who just found out the girl didn't have her wallet and as she apologised saying she didn't want it now, throw said roll at the wall angrily beside the bin. I wondered how someone could be employed in a university serving students and have that attitude... so they're all like that? I'm not a tiny lad and I was seriously intimidated by the man I can't imagine how much he frightened the girl...

Please tell me someone reported this revolting oaf to his superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 heypaul!

Please tell me someone reported this revolting oaf to his superior.

If it wasn't the case that he was about 4 times bigger than me and every other man there looked just as angry and intimidating I would have done so.

I have no idea how a University would allow lads like this to work there. I had the exact same feeling ordering my roll as you would when you try to get into a club but you meet an angry over the top aggressive bouncer and you feel like your gonna get your head kicked in if you talk back.......... anyway, I hope that it was a once off and that other people will correct me and say that they're usually sound

The Bialann is Aramark so the University don't have much of a say in terms of HR. College Bar/Smokies staff are much nicer and the food isn't too bad there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've stopped eating in there altogether in the last while. Plus with what the parent company is like as a whole, I just can't give them my money. I'd rather buy a decent college bar dinner that'll fill me for the day than one of the 'pasta specials' or whatever that taste like muck.

Weren't they called Campbells (otherwise known as "shambells") before Aramark took them over? :D

Same grumpy ould ones serving the same muck with a different name :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Henry J Hoverboard

T0001 wrote: »
    What's really annoying is when they charge €5.02 and proceed to give you €4.98 from a tenner

So you don't want to pay the actual price for things you want your precious 2 or 5 cent. Unless you didn't realise the entire country doesn't round up or down the prices of stuff. You are hardly that stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

I much preferred it when it didn't look like it was a sterile characterless set designed by J.J Abrams.

The whiteness of the place and the garish colours, Anyone remember the nice mellow colours before 2009. It felt welcoming, homely, not like the inside of an Apple store. The food was better too and more of it.

Not this blinding white that shows up every eye floater in existence

Star-Trek-2009-Lens-Flare.jpg

So you don't want to pay the actual price for things you want your precious 2 or 5 cent. Unless you didn't realise the entire country doesn't round up or down the prices of stuff. You are hardly that stuck.

So Henry J AKA Án Bhialann ;) First post here and this is the best you can do :(

Really... ur actually responding to my comment! I'm sorry but come on if something is €5.02 surely to God they can just charge the fiver.. its good business practice to give some satisfaction to customers, letting them know we're not stingey, we actually care about student :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement