Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crèche inspection reports

Options
  • 02-03-2015 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

My boy will do doing his preschool year this September so I've been looking at the inspection reports online and trying to find the right place for him.
    All of the inspection reports I have looked at, about 10 different places, do not have any inspection of child wellbeing. There is a whole section on wellbeing and educational needs yet every report I have looked at have "not inspected" for this section. To me this is one of the most important parts and I'm really shocked to see it's not inspected regularly or at all.
    im wondering is this a common thing in the reports? Was your childcare facility inspected for child wellbeing? Who would I contact about these missing inspections?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I don't really know as im only beginning to have a look at play schools and crèches now. But could you perhaps ask the crèches directly why this part has been missed or overlooked. Perhaps they could point you in the right direction of where to look for further information?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Why don't you contact Tulsa and ask?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

are you talking about the aisteoir and siolta reports?

Sorry John I don't know what those reports are. I have been looking at creche inspection reports from tusla on the pobal maps page.
    I contacted Tusla who couldn't give me an answer, they gave me the number for local creche inspector. I've rang 3 times only got voicemail left messages and still waiting on a reply.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Looking at our local ones there's nothing mentioned once somewhere is compliant. If they're not then details are given. None of them are ticked as non-applicable.

Thanks ginny still waiting on a reply from the inspector here

Advertisement