Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Respawn Nights/Gaming Unleashed - The Sugar Club (March 5th) SFIV/TTT2/Melee/SC2

• 02-03-2015 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

Bit short notice but anyone heading out to this?

The Sugar Club
    8 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin, Ireland D 2

https://www.facebook.com/events/920850167955681

€10 euros can be purchased online or at the door. - https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/respawn-nights-gaming-unleashed-tickets-15774264249
    Respawn Nights brought to you by Dublin Comic Con & Official M82. Get together with your friends, grab some food & drinks, gear up for gaming tournaments, witness cool game props and win some amazing prizes.

We've partnered with The Sugar Club to bring you yet another industry leading event. Gaming Booths, Tournaments & Prizes, Food & drink and a whole lot more!

** FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN THE SFIV TOURNAMENT PLEASE BE AT THE VENUE NO LATER THAN 8PM FOR SIGNUPS**

Gaming Lineup

- Street Fighter IV (Big Screen)
    - Halo (System Link)
    - Perfect Dark Zero (System Link)
    - Smash Bros Melee
    - Tekken Tag 2
    - Soul Calibur 2
    - Mario Kart Wii
    - House of the Dead Overkill
    +More

BIG SCREEN BRAWL - Street Fighter IV
    Our main tournament for the night will be Street Fighter IV on the PS3. Names in a hat, random draw for opponents, working our way down to 1 winner on the night
    (running from 8pm-10:30pm roughly, before and after the big screen will be freeplay)

SYSTEM LINK SHOWDOWN - Halo & Perfect Dark Zero
    Battle of the launch titles, Halo on the Xbox(original) and Perfect Dark on the 360.
    Arrive with your four man team, or assemble on the night, and fight away all night against opposing teams in the venue, this tournament will be player managed, we have no rules other than one, team with the highest capture score on each platform at the end of the night wins and bags themselves some loot!
    (Scores will be kept from 8pm-11pm, everything before and after that is free play)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

"Street Fighter IV on the PS3" :pac:

Risky business there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Oh good eye, let me ask what version it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

My money's on Vanilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

My money's on Vanilla.

I'm there.

cannonstrike.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1292609590956

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

shall be showing for TTT2 and defo will try SC II with my day one Heihachi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I'll be there for HaloGate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Cobelcog wrote: »
    I'm there.

Ah here, you're expecting characters to be unlocked.

Ok so there's only a tournament for SFIV (vanilla but they can change to ultra if we want to) and Halo/Perfect Dark Zero.

TTT2/Melee/SC2 are just booths for casual play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sounds fun, I'll go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

FYI lads. We spoke to them about this event and offered to help out etc but it wasn't to be this time. Just a word that SF will be with wireless setups only. The main stage (projector) can only faciliiate this so sticks for SF are out.

That being said, we went last time and had a blast :)

• Advertisement

Not gonna head to it if that's the case. Feck paying a tenner to have to play on a pad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

perfect dark zero? why is that on the list did you pick up 10 copies for a euro

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

So who's planning on showing up for this? Not sure yet if I want to hang around in town for 3 hours after work waiting for it to start...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Was gonna go but the SF4 situation really makes it a bad deal for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Was gonna go but the SF4 situation really makes it a bad deal for me.

Same, maybe next time

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Just got contacted by some auld Halo lads needing a player so Im gonna actually head in to this.

Anyone going??

And what is the actual deal with SF? Has to be played on wireless play station pad??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Just got contacted by some auld Halo lads needing a player so Im gonna actually head in to this.

Anyone going??

And what is the actual deal with SF? Has to be played on wireless play station pad??

Yes... so I'm gonna give it a miss. I was planning on going and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Anyone going??

Hound, go and win plz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

This was an interesting tourney. I made Top 6 with my Day One Sagat literally by luck of the draw. (Brackets were picked at random, single elimination)

GGs to Maz at TTT2. Also taught Niall how to play Bob.

"ff+2 in the open. SS+1+2 when you're near the wall."

Don't forget db3+4,4 !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

B+2, 2 & B+2, 2, 4 = instant Pro Bob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

So who won SF4?

Vanilla SF4.

Characters were not unlocked.

Xinkai won.

Oh, and GGs to Doyler and thanks for the advice. And thanks for the Tekken lessons, Neil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Jaysus. I leave the country for a few years and now Xinkai's winning tournaments. The place is going to ****, lads.

What was the turnout for the event in general?

To be honest, there were only maybe 4 people there who even knew how to play the game- and that's if I'm being generous and including myself :p

Xinkai vs Doyler was really the only decent match of the night, and that wasn't even the finals, because of the 'names in a hat' way they were running the tournament. So, it was all very casual- good craic, though.

I'd say there was maybe 30 or 40 people there overall? I didn't really get a good idea of the turnout, because it was divided between two rooms, and I stayed in the room where the FGs were.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Sairus wrote: »
    Jaysus. I leave the country for a few years and now Xinkai's winning tournaments. The place is going to ****, lads.

What was the turnout for the event in general?

No characters unlocked, pad only, Xinkai's zone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Possibly the worst run gaming event I've ever seen.
    2 of my friends paid in and left within 25 mins.

Great venue, booze, 2 lovely ladies in gameboy dresses helping out...

Buuut.. The actual running of everything was a joke.

The rules of Halo were awful. Wont even get into it.
    My team won Halo and waited for our prizes to find out that they had been given away. :confused:

They expected double the attendees.

SF4.... oh my god..
    Laggiest projector of all time. Need to do aa dp at the start of opponents jump or eat a CH. 2 absolutely clueless lads on commentary (who wouldnt let anyone else on) talking absolute rubbish thru the loudest speakers in the club. "Fun fact! Did you know Bisons psycho crusher is the only move that beats electricity?".. *Ryu jumps 8 times in a row "Very defensive play here from Ryu" "Ryu needs to use his superior agility in this match against Chun Li"
    I could go on.
    The game had no sound. Wireless PS3 pads. No chars unlocked.
    Names drawn out of a hat at every stage of the bracket. Single elim. Grand finals had 3 players.. the list goes on.

Interestingly enough they have funding and plans to hold a tournament first week of every month til November. So I had a little chat with the top dawg to see if collaboration was possible. He mentioned absolutely no streaming is allowed as they are planning / hoping to televise the later events or something.

Post of the year Doyler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Grand finals had 3 players..

DooM?

Advertisement