Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Respawn Nights/Gaming Unleashed - The Sugar Club (March 5th) SFIV/TTT2/Melee/SC2

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

Doyler01 wrote: »

They expected double the attendees.

Wow, I'm really surprised to hear that. They weren't prepared for that- would have been absolute chaos. SF was an hour behind schedule as it was, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Wow, I'm really surprised to hear that. They weren't prepared for that- would have been absolute chaos. SF was an hour behind schedule as it was, I think.

They would have just gone vanilla ranked beast mode, 30 seconds 1 round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

They would have just gone vanilla ranked beast mode, 30 seconds 1 round.

Knowing that psycho crusher beats electricity would've been the tip of the night then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

sounded like fun

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I think "no streaming because we want to do television" betrays a fundamental lack of understanding of how people enjoy gaming content these days...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I think "no streaming because we want to do television" betrays a fundamental lack of understanding of how people enjoy gaming content these days...

I think "everything Doyler posted" betrays a fundamental lack of understanding on anything to do with gaming content in general.

It always amazes me to see how TOs find new and exciting ways to create nonsense ways of running brackets. I know Losers brackets can be a little confusing the first couple of times you use them, but that's what Challonge or whatever is for.

Also, real talk, I learned Vega specifically so I would have a character to play in Vanilla SF4 with no unlocks. Y'all so lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Every line of Doyler's post is better than the last, you couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Sairus wrote: »
    that's what Challonge is for

This

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

ayjayirl wrote: »
    This

Respawn TOs; "Challonge? I think you've spelt Challenge wrong"

Also, there was also no prize pot for the SFIV tourney, which is probably better than having one considering there was no brackets and it was single elimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Post of the year Doyler.

2nd to this masterpiece tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Possibly the worst run gaming event I've ever seen.
    2 of my friends paid in and left within 25 mins.

Great venue, booze, 2 lovely ladies in gameboy dresses helping out...

Buuut.. The actual running of everything was a joke.

The rules of Halo were awful. Wont even get into it.
    My team won Halo and waited for our prizes to find out that they had been given away. :confused:

They expected double the attendees.

SF4.... oh my god..
    Laggiest projector of all time. Need to do aa dp at the start of opponents jump or eat a CH. 2 absolutely clueless lads on commentary (who wouldnt let anyone else on) talking absolute rubbish thru the loudest speakers in the club. "Fun fact! Did you know Bisons psycho crusher is the only move that beats electricity?".. *Ryu jumps 8 times in a row "Very defensive play here from Ryu" "Ryu needs to use his superior agility in this match against Chun Li"
    I could go on.
    The game had no sound. Wireless PS3 pads. No chars unlocked.
    Names drawn out of a hat at every stage of the bracket. Single elim. Grand finals had 3 players.. the list goes on.

Interestingly enough they have funding and plans to hold a tournament first week of every month til November. So I had a little chat with the top dawg to see if collaboration was possible. He mentioned absolutely no streaming is allowed as they are planning / hoping to televise the later events or something.

Doyler Exposing the underbelly of E-sports.

Glad I didn't attend, hope to see it improved.

Advertisement