Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One year ago...

Options
  • 02-03-2015 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

One year ago this is where I was at(first pic). I Hated shaving and was always stuck for an expensive new cartridge.

At the time I was browsing the Bargain Alerts forum and found a thread about "where to get cheap cartridges". Which lead to this forum and the start of my DE shaving experience. All of this was of course to save some money. Well, it didn't end that way. I've been spending at bit more then intended :eek:

So one year on (second and third Pics), It's become bit of an obsession but, I don't regret it one bit. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

That's pretty much how I got started - probably 3 or 4 years ago now. I've spent way too much money on it but don't regret it at all.

Is that all of your stuff or do you have more hidden away out of sight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

hitemfrank wrote: »
    That's pretty much how I got started - probably 3 or 4 years ago now. I've spent way too much money on it but don't regret it at all.

Is that all of your stuff or do you have more hidden away out of sight?

It's most of it. All my straight razor stuff I keep it another room away from the steam. Next on my list is a good 3 inch wide strop and a Naniwa stone. I'll be in the States in May so, I've been saving up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Nice cabinet! Must be great to have so much storage space. My story was much the same but I couldn't get over how much happier my skin was. I obviously didn't know what I was doing for my first 20 years shaving as my neck was always red and raw. Maybe in the next 20 years I'll finally go through all the soap I've accumulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Nice cabinet! Must be great to have so much storage space. My story was much the same but I couldn't get over how much happier my skin was. I obviously didn't know what I was doing for my first 20 years shaving as my neck was always red and raw. Maybe in the next 20 years I'll finally go through all the soap I've accumulated.

I got the cabinet in Ikea for around 30 euro's. My wife has her own bathroom for her stuff, so it allows me to go a bit OCD with my stuff. She just rolls her eyes at my "Shave Den" when people ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭macrob77

Very nice collection :)
    I have started with de razors but soon become interested/obsessed with straight razors. My first straight was Geo Wostenholm's Pipe razor bought on ebay for $4. It had broken scales so i had to make new ones. Now i have about thirty razors in my rotation and good few more awaiting for restoration. Few shaving brushes, few creams and soaps, big box of sharpening stones and few strops.
    It is not cheap but it's great fun.

Maciek.

• Advertisement
Advertisement