Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Last DBS found in a barn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Wonder what happened there? They bought the car three years from new, in '75, and five years later it's in a barn, where it loses it's interior. It didn't get much of an innings, did it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The DBS model, a favourite of James Bond, was made between 1967 and 1972.
    Sloppy journalism and clickbait headline.

Pretty sure he only drove it in one movie (OHMSS). Although it happens to be both my favourite Bond and Aston! Not in maroon though - ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

I forgot that lazenbys bond had one of those.

aaaanyway, best bond film and car is daltons v8 vantage in the living daylights

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

naaah, the Rising Eyebrow's Lotus in white.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

I refuse to acknowledge that era, FFS he wore a blue safari suit and drove a 2cv is it possible to be less suave or debonair.

and brosnan let the side down with the z3, although theremote control 750 ws kinda cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

There used to be one in Cannys garage in Cork for many years just like it, same colour too.

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    and brosnan let the side down with the Z3
    As a Q supplied car, that really was the low point. It served nothing more than product placement in Goldeneye.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

It sold for £43240 in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

Dades wrote: »
    Pretty sure he only drove it in one movie (OHMSS).
    Correct, although it does have a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo in Q's workshop in Diamonds are Forever. It's hard to make it out, but it is there in the background and the technicians seem to be fitting missiles to it!

• Advertisement

whoami1 wrote: »
    Correct, although it does have a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo in Q's workshop in Diamonds are Forever. It's hard to make it out, but it is there in the background and the technicians seem to be fitting missiles to it!
    I did not know that!

Advertisement