Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

HKC Point ID Inertia Sensor with Multiple Heads?

• 02-03-2015 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Does anyone know if I can wire multiple inertia sensor heads in series into the HKC Point ID Inertia Sensor? That is use the existing sensor head and add a few ordinary sensor heads in series for the Point ID to analyse?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭altor

BoardLK wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I can wire multiple inertia sensor heads in series into the HKC Point ID Inertia Sensor? That is use the existing sensor head and add a few ordinary sensor heads in series for the Point ID to analyse?
    Thanks

On the point ID sensors there are inputs to wire sensors out of.
    Alarm and tamper terminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BoardLK

Thanks Altor
    The ID inertia sensor has terminals marked "contact" and "tamper" on the PCB. I am guessing that the "contact" refers to magnetic reed switches?
    and not necessarily inertia heads?
    or do you think that I can wire the heads in here?

I was thinking of just adding inertia heads in series with the existing head?

Thanks again

Thanks Altor
    The ID inertia sensor has terminals marked "contact" and "tamper" on the PCB. I am guessing that the "contact" refers to magnetic reed switches?
    and not necessarily inertia heads?
    or do you think that I can wire the heads in here?

I was thinking of just adding inertia heads in series with the existing head?

Thanks again

Sorry internet went down as I was replying.
    The id sensors have analyzed inputs to take inertia sensors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭kub

Wire it as Altor suggested, if you start wiring in inertia sensors in series with the existing one in the unit then you are creating problems for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BoardLK

Thanks Altor/Kub
    Sounds good.
    So just to be clear I will wire the inertia heads into the contacts terminals in the ID Sensor. I will try that and see how it goes.
    Help much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Thanks Altor/Kub
    Sounds good.
    So just to be clear I will wire the inertia heads into the contacts terminals in the ID Sensor. I will try that and see how it goes.
    Help much appreciated.

That is correct.

Advertisement