Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justeat.ie ignores complaint <SNIP>

Options
  • 02-03-2015 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

I had a lengthy chat with a representative of justeat.ie in a live chat windows yesterday, I had an issue with my order being delivered to my previous address due to a bug with their website.

I explained to <SNIP>(justeat.ie rep), that I had used the site since I'd changed the address and it had been delivered to my new address.

I went as far as having him pull up information on the previous order to show that it had been delivered to my new address, he was apologetic, but tried to infer that the fault lay with me, he told me that because they could not see a problem(logs are not kept on customer information) and because they hadn't heard of this problem before, there was nothing further that could be done for me.

I was not happy with his response and after some more toing and froing he asked if I would like to speak to his supervisor, I said I would and he asked me to confirm my mobile number, which I did, he told me that his supervisor would contact me in the next few minutes. (I have kept a copy of the chat)

This took place yesterday afternoon and I still have not been contacted by anybody in relation to this.

Then today I proceeded to post the issue on their facebook page, only to discover that my post doesn't show up on their facebook page at all, I suppose after the service I revived from their live chat representative I shouldn't be surprised that they limit the posts on their timeline, out of sight out of mind.

So boards is my last port of call, I'm struggling to see what else I can do to get this resolved. :confused:

I can back up everything I'm claiming in this thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

It was your fault.

You input the address you want the food to be delivered to on a screen everytime you order. It does keep your adresses you first signed up with I have noticed in the auto fill. I have used it at 3 different addresses.

It was unfortunately your lack of oversight at this point that led to the error.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 yumyum10

Your error, it brings up the address every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Krazzzzy Kay

My account has my address stored in it, nothing to do with the first time I signed up, it clearly has my delivery address stored in their DB and in fact I can add more than one address to my account and have them save it for use again.

Their system reverted the address that I had saved in my account, that fact that I did not notice this till after the order was delivered to the wrong address can hardly be my fault, where anywhere online would you save your address in an account and then feel the need to double check it?

Even if this was the case(it's not), the rep mentioned nothing about this and tried to imply that the browser I was using was the issue, I'm a dev, this was not a browser issue, the mere fact that he suggested this was a browser issue throws your claim out the window, if what your saying is true and I have to check the address every time, why did the rep not say this to me? .

What about the fact that their facebook page doesn't allow post on their timeline.

Their site has a bug that caused my food to be delivered to the wrong address, their customer services was poor at best and to add insult to injury they lied to me, told me they would contact me by phone in a few minutes and then never contacted me.

You're blaming someone else or your own fault. You even said it yourself

The fact that I did not check myself.

It's not a big deal. Just be sure to double orders the next time and chalk it up to experience

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

My account has my address stored in it, nothing to do with the first time I signed up, it clearly has my delivery address stored in their DB and in fact I can add more than one address to my account and have them save it for use again.

Their system reverted the address that I had saved in my account, that fact that I did not notice this till after the order was delivered to the wrong address can hardly be my fault, where anywhere online would you save your address in an account and then feel the need to double check it?

Even is this was the case(it's not), the rep mentioned nothing about this and tried to imply that the browser I was using was the issue, I'm a dev, this was not a browser issue, the mere fact that he suggested this was a browser issue throws your claim out the window, if what your saying is true and I have to check the address every time, why did the rep not say this to me? .

What about the fact that their facebook page doesn't allow post on their timeline.

Their site has a bug that caused my food to be delivered to the wrong address, their customer services was poor at best and to add insult to injury they lied to me, told me they would contact me by phone in a few minutes and then never contacted me.

Its their FB account, they control it as they see fit, hardly a consumer issue. In fairness you could have solved the whole thing by making sure your address was right, i always do if i order, and ive always been asked to enter my address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Actually I had a similar problem before. I would select my home address and it would look correct but then my address would appear to the restaurant and I would only find out when the restaurant rang up to see where I wanted to delivery.

I started adding my address to the order comments section each time to make sure. I complained and they did see that there was no address showing.

it seems to be ok now though as I added my address again and pick the new one but they're definitely was a bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

In OP's defense, this happened to me last week too. I manually typed in my new address like I always do but the order went to my old address, the delivery driver was extremely rude about it but I didn't follow up on that cos I would be annoyed too if I delivered to a wrong address on a busy night etc. I double-checked the confirmation email and the address line was actually blank, and I had never ordered from that particular takeaway to my old address, yet somehow it went to my old address, which I'm assuming they somehow got from justeat.

Actually I had a similar problem before. I would select my home address and it would look correct but then my address would appear to the restaurant and I would only find out when the restaurant rang up to see where I wanted to delivery.

I started adding my address to the order comments section each time to make sure. I complained and they did see that there was no address showing.

it seems to be ok now though as I added my address again and pick the new one but they're definitely was a bug.

This happens to me at lot as well, a just-eat rep tried to say it was due to autofill features (so the address will show for us without typing it but it's blank to the restaurant cos we didn't actually type it). But it happens when I manually type it too.

Its their FB account, they control it as they see fit, hardly a consumer issue. In fairness you could have solved the whole thing by making sure your address was right, i always do if i order, and ive always been asked to enter my address.

This doesn't solve the poor customer service I received, You're fixated on the fact that I didn't put the correct address in, even if everything you say is true, (I disagree with what you're saying) they lied to me, they had no interest in helping me and had no problem telling me that.

That is a consumer issue, you're right, they can do as they see fit with their Facebook account, I'm merely pointing out the fact that they hide their customers post, why? I suspect I would not be the only customer with an issue who has been treated with disregard by justeat.ie.

I have used justeat.ie for years, I've never had an issue with the site, till now.

You're blaming someone else or your own fault. You even said it yourself

The fact that I did not check myself.

It's not a big deal. Just be sure to double orders the next time and chalk it up to experience

Poor customer services is not a big deal? <SNIP> customers is not a big deal?
    I'd like to see you have that attitude the next time a service you pay for goes wrong and you're told where to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

tweet them & about your service, They respond in seconds. At least they did mine. they don't like it

They were adamant that they had never seen an issue like this before, at one point he suggested I send them an email.
    You can also email info@just-eat.ie to speak to a manager and we'll email you back but as we haven't been able to find an issue there isn't much more that will be said in the email response

They had no intentions of ever investigating my issue. :(

bjork wrote: »
    tweet them & about your service, They respond in seconds. At least they did mine. they don't like it

I didn't think to try twitter, I'll take this route tomorrow,

Thanks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I remember placing an order sometime last year, manually entered the address I wanted it delivered to, all looked good, order placed...then in the confirmation email for some reason a random part of my registered address (not the address I manually entered myself, double checked and confirmed) made it's way into the address I wanted it delivered to, my order still arrived but there was no reason for that bit of my address to slip in and it most certainly had not been present on any of the pre-order address screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

This doesn't solve the poor customer service I received, You're fixated on the fact that I didn't put the correct address in, even if everything you say is true, (I disagree with what you're saying) they lied to me, they had no interest in helping me and had no problem telling me that.

That is a consumer issue, you're right, they can do as they see fit with their Facebook account, I'm merely pointing out the fact that they hide their customers post, why? I suspect I would not be the only customer with an issue who has been treated with disregard by justeat.ie.

I have used justeat.ie for years, I've never had an issue with the site, till now.

Welcome to the real world where businesses dont want to share mistakes, negative comments with the world, hardly that hard to grasp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

I had a lengthy chat with a representative of justeat.ie in a live chat windows yesterday, I had an issue with my order being delivered to my previous address due to a bug with their website.

Considering you are so adamant it was a bug, what was the bug?

or is it, as others have said, YOU did not check the delivery address and therefore you are trying to pass off your own error on someone 'else because justeat didn; hold your hand the right way.

Then you spend hours arguing, posting on FB writing on boards and now plan to take to twitter.

Wow - you really have a lot of time to spare?

Get over it, move on, life will throw up a few problems now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - please treat each other with courtesy. Remember the Boards motto of "Don't be a d*ck".

dudara

It really is some kind of bug, strange how worked up people are getting about this! I thought it might be a browser bug but the address line turns up blank when i order from the phone app too. I've just taken to writing the address in the comments section, which works out fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Justeat seem to insist on an address being used, even if you have selected "for collection".

I once ordered from my workplace for collection and when I got there the guy had thought it was for delivery and had passed it onto another branch near my home. His sheet he showed me even said "for collection" but the addition of an address threw him.

I try not to use them after seeing the commission they take, I have noticed smaller portions a few times, which I guess takeaways do to somewhat cover the fees.
    Well known Irish companies like Bombay Pantry, Mao at Home, Camile Thai Kitchen, Pizza Hut delivery and many other independent takeaways face possible closure and staff layoffs, after UK multinational Just Eat PLC took over Irish software company Eat City yesterday, and announced they were closing down the Eat City online ordering service from 5pm today.
    With up to 45% of sales coming through the Eat City website for these companies, the action is designed to force companies to use the technically inferior Just Eat service, with an instant hike in the commission rate from 5% to 12%.
    “We cannot sustain a unilateral price increase like this. This will cost Irish jobs and put many Irish businesses like ours, which are just starting to recover from the effects of the recession at serious risk of closure” says Brody Sweeney, owner of the 6 branch Camile Thai Kitchen business.
    “These anti-competitive bully boy tactics from billion pound UK company Just Eat, will increase costs for consumers, and raises a whole series of questions around the data of Irish customers now being transferred to the UK. Irish comapnies are being penalized for embracing the internet” He said.
    “We call on Just Eat to reverse their plans, in order to allow Irish businesses make alternative arrangements. People can deal with Just Eat if they want, all we want is reasonable notice, not strong arm tactics”
    Support our cause, use the hashtag #justeatjustgreed

I haven't bothered to follow this up on twitter.

There are clearly website issues and customer issues that justeat have no interest in addressing.

I will be taking my business elsewhere and I will be advising anybody who will listen to do the same.

• Advertisement

You could just ring the takeaway shop and cut them out altogether.

You could just ring the takeaway shop and cut them out altogether.

If the takeaway I used had a website I certainly would use it, I prefer to order online, I'm in front of the screen all day, it's convenient to use a website.

There are alternatives to justeat.ie such as takeaway.ie, which I will be trying next time I order.

rubadub wrote: »
    Justeat seem to insist on an address being used, even if you have selected "for collection".

I once ordered from my workplace for collection and when I got there the guy had thought it was for delivery and had passed it onto another branch near my home. His sheet he showed me even said "for collection" but the addition of an address threw him.

I try not to use them after seeing the commission they take, I have noticed smaller portions a few times, which I guess takeaways do to somewhat cover the fees.

Do you have a link to that article? I didn't know about this, yet another reason to take my business elsewhere and advise my friends to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Do you have a link to that article? I didn't know about this.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/agribusiness-and-food/anger-among-takeaways-as-just-eat-acquires-irish-rival-1.1988915

I'll copy & paste as sometimes these irish times articles get archived.
    Anger among takeaways as Just Eat acquires Irish rival
    Independent restaurants claim the deal will likely lead to closures and job losses

Wed, Nov 5, 2014
    Online takeaway service Just Eat has acquired its main Irish rival Eatcity.ie for an undisclosed sum. The deal has angered a number of independent restaurants who claim it will lead to closures and job losses.
    Eatcity, which was used by a number of well-known restaurants, including Camile Thai, Mao and Pizza Hut, has about 250 restaurant clients, with approximately 75 per cent of these also listed with Just Eat.
    “We have enjoyed tremendous growth and success at eatcity over the past four years and are very proud of the impact we have had on the online takeaway sector. Looking to the future however, we felt that we had brought the business as far as it could go and we are going to concentrate on our Point of Sale business Captiva POS,” said Eatcity’s managing director Eddie Carty.
    Just-Eat.ie, which made a successful £1.5billion (€1.8 billion) debut on the London Stock Exchange earlier this year, launched in Ireland in May 2008. It is now the third biggest market for the group. Just Eat has about 1,5000 restaurants signed up in Ireland with a further 40 being added each month. It processes an average of 45,000 orders per month..
    According to Euromonitor, 25 per cent of Irish consumers have a takeaway at least once a week,The Irish takeaway market was estimated to be worth €251 million in 2012.
    The company said the acquisition would further consolidate its leadership position in the Irish market.
    “Typically our larger clients are now getting 30 per cent of their orders via the Just Eat app or website each week - delivering significant additional revenue to their business. We look forward to delivering similar benefits to Eatcity.ie’s restaurants - bringing even more value to their business. We are also looking forward to offering our consumers increased diversity and range of cuisine as we add new restaurants to our service,” said Amanda Roche Kelly, managing director of Just Eat.ie.
    Not everybody is as happy about acquisition however. A number of independent takeaways, said the move would jeopardise jobs.
    Camile Thai, which operates six takeaways in Dublin, said that with up to 45 per cent of sales coming through the Eat City website, the new deal was “designed to force companies to use the technically inferior Just Eat service, with an instant hike in the commission rate from 5 per cent to 12 per cent.”
    “We cannot sustain a unilateral price increase like this. This will cost Irish jobs and put many Irish businesses like ours, which are just starting to recover from the effects of the recession at serious risk of closure” said Brody Sweeney, owner of Camile Thai and founder of O’Briens Irish Sandwich Bars, which went into liquidation in 2009.
    “We call on Just Eat to reverse their plans, in order to allow Irish businesses make alternative arrangements,” he added.

Bombay pantry got their own ordering system in a few months back, glad to see it. So did a chain of chippers I go to. Another chipper near me used to charge more on just eat than if you went in or phoned, they are not supposed to do this but I have seen a few that do, a Chinese place did it too.

My previous cut&paste was from Camiles own website and it seems to be taken down.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

This happened to me not so long ago too. I manually entered my address and after the order had been placed it reverted to my old address.

In any case, I'm tired of JustEat - 50c card charges, high commissions, messed up orders. I just ring the take away these day; I prefer giving money to them directly (as a lot of takeaways are independent and extra charges are a killer).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The only reason I use justeat is because I can use my card because I never carry around much cash.

The delivery address mess and orders taking much longer to deliver are off putting otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

This happened to me,although its over 2 years ago now.
    I moved and updated my address on their website and ordered a delivery. The shop rang me up saying we don't deliver to X place. Turns out justeat had forwarded my old address

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

I know from doing deliveries this is a justeat problem(bug).
    Justeat seems happy nowadays just sitting on thier cashcow, not bothering to update the site, system or even restaurants menu pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

There is definitely a weird bug with Just Eat's address form. I had a problem where it would pull in a random line off an old address into my current one.

I solved this by going into www.just-eat.ie/member/updateuserinfo and updating my details.

In any case, I usually review my email invoice to make sure that the address was correct in that.

• Advertisement

Finally a decent alternative has arrived to challenge Just-Eat, just made my first order, with a 25% discount for new users and a loyalty system in place.

irishmirror.ie

marvin.ie

Advertisement