Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justeat.ie ignores complaint <SNIP>

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Might be good when they expand out of the major cities. Nothing in my area yet

Yeah, they are lacking in a selection of takeaways, my favorite takeaway hasn't signed up, yet...

I remember when Just-Eat started out the selection was similar, hopefully with time and good customer relations, Marvin will expand.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

there is a thread in bargain alerts which people were updating with marvin codes
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057432916

rubadub wrote: »
    there is a thread in bargain alerts which people were updating with marvin codes
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057432916

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

How people use justeat is beyond me. In my area where I order, justeat is clearly more expensive then if I order direct. Assume down to their commission?

Just use the old phone or apps for the pizza I get. Not sure why anyone would deal with a middle man, essentially charging an additional fee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

TheDoc wrote: »
    In my area where I order, justeat is clearly more expensive then if I order direct. Assume down to their commission?
    they are not supposed to charge more than the menu. Some places near me do charge more, some are the same.

I have only used them once or twice when voucher codes were about but use it to checkout menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Elliottsmum79

Irrespective of the real "fault" issue, I'd put it at 50;50 myself, this is not court, it is a court of public opinion. Just-east should have responded better and taken care of their customer which they clearly did not. A small gesture on their part would have generated much goodwill from the OP and instead has frustrated him and caused him to vent here. IN companies best interest to take care of customer which they often seem to forget.

Irrespective of the real "fault" issue, I'd put it at 50;50 myself, this is not court, it is a court of public opinion. Just-east should have responded better and taken care of their customer which they clearly did not. A small gesture on their part would have generated much goodwill from the OP and instead has frustrated him and caused him to vent here. IN companies best interest to take care of customer which they often seem to forget.

This is my point exactly, the fact that the mistake was made was completely forgivable and whether you believe me when I say it was not my fault, or you're the other side of the fence and believe I should have checked the address was correct is only a small part of the issue, the way in which my complaint was handled shows the complete disregard Just-Eat will show their customers when a problem arises.

I do prefer the convenience of ordering online though, so I'm delighted at the arrival of Marvin. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Middle men. I can't stand them. They want all the control but none of the responsibility.

This is so true. And a theme across the board. Most of the time you're met with at best disdain, at worst someone who's decided ''right, I'm personally going to take you on and use all my pent up frustration from today, to find fault with what you're saying until I've made you go around in circles so many times, you just don't care any more, and then I win!'

Have you ever called PayPal with a problem? Their customer service is amazing...well actually, it's just what it's supposed to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - let's stay on topic and stick to discussing Justeat.ie

dudara

I've had several problems with justeat.ie and find their customer service is nowhere near ad good as PayPal

PayPal's customer service is irrelevant in a discussion on JustEat.ie. If you want to discuss their customer service, then use the Best/Worst Customer Service thread.

dudara

@lolo62 - one of the rules on Boards is that you do not disagree with a moderator instruction on thread, hence I have deleted your latest post. Please do not continue in this manner.

dudara

Advertisement