Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD vs. UCD

Options
  • 02-03-2015 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi --

I was accepted to UCD's master program in Human Rights and TCD's program for International Politics. My intention was to alway study Human Rights, however i've been on the fence recently with my deadline approaching for a deposit.

From what I can gather, TCD trumps when studying medicine, science, maths and engineering, but I can't really find much comparison on the social science depts. of the two schools.

Right now much of UCD's appeal is the fact that I will be study Human Rights specifically, which I as mentioned before is what I always planned on studying.

Any advice on the two ? As an American its been difficult to find people who have a solid opinion and knowledge on the two universities.

Thank you !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

I know nothing of either course, but I don't think you'll go wrong in either university. Trinity probably has a better library - at least for books as it's a copyright library, but other than that I don't think there would be a big difference. Every department will have some great and some not so great lecturers.
    Trinity can be easier to get to depending on where you live. Personally I would go with whichever course sounds better to you content-wise. If human rights is what you really want, then do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭AKeenan348

bridgetg91 wrote: »
    Hi --

I was accepted to UCD's master program in Human Rights and TCD's program for International Politics. My intention was to alway study Human Rights, however i've been on the fence recently with my deadline approaching for a deposit.

From what I can gather, TCD trumps when studying medicine, science, maths and engineering, but I can't really find much comparison on the social science depts. of the two schools.

Right now much of UCD's appeal is the fact that I will be study Human Rights specifically, which I as mentioned before is what I always planned on studying.

Any advice on the two ? As an American its been difficult to find people who have a solid opinion and knowledge on the two universities.

Thank you !

Hiya,

How are you? Can I ask which course did you end up choosing? I'm in DCU at the moment, studying International relations. I want to go on to a masters, and I have the exact same dilemma as you. I've been told Trinity wins out on the international stage, on branding alone. I just know I'm not staying at DCU. I'd appreciate your feedback on which ever course you chose. Thanks so much in advance.

Kind regards,

Antoinette

Advertisement