Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England player arrested

• 02-03-2015 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭

According to several UK papers, an England international has been arrested for having sex with a 14 year old. Guess we cannot debate as to who it is?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,697 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Guess we cannot debate as to who it is?
    Not until there is some confirmation. Speculation on such stuff is against site rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Fairly certain who it is now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Raf32 wrote: »
    Fairly certain who it is now
    PM?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

John Terry had sex with Luis Suarez 13 years ago and its all coming out now. This is it boys, the football apocalypse.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,697 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Anyone can do a Web search and draw their own conclusions. Just don't post such conclusions here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Its amazing how rumours spread and how quickly it changes, the newspaper reporting it says a 15 year old and by the first post here she is now 14 :pac::pac:

confirmed by the sun who it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

What is accaptable to post and not.

The age and location of the arrested man is available on twitter, after being confirmed by police.

It does pretty much narrow it down to 1 person though, from what I can tell.

EDIT: I see your post now Beasty. Understood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Apparently, the ref is certain it's someone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

A player was also found witg loaded gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It's easy to work out who it is going by clues on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Is that supposed text from the player that's floating around from the article too? Can't read it cos it's behind a paywall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

The Beeb's Dan Roan has stuck his head above the parapet on Twitter and has named the player. If you've seen all the gossip on there, you won't be surprised who he's named. Sky Sports and Sky News also naming him as well now.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

BMMachine wrote: »
    John Terry had sex with Luis Suarez 13 years ago and its all coming out now. This is it boys, the football apocalypse.

This has to be the worst attempt of humour I have ever come accross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭poppers

Sky news have named the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Breaking news on Sky now that it's Adam Johnson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭secman

BBC have named the player Adam Johnson as having been arrested for this alleged offense

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

monkey9 wrote: »
    Perhaps it was John O'Shea and Roger East was the arresting officer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭secman

BBC have named the player Adam Johnson as having been arrested for this alleged offense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

Can't be Adam Johnson, he's gay with Stewart Downing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

monkey9 wrote: »

And Wes Brown has been arrested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

dilallio wrote: »
    Daily Mail is always great for a bit of speculation when anything like this happens (plus an exact valuation of the person's home - they must employ an auctioneer)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Even if innocent Adam Johnson is never, ever going to hear the end of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Not that I condone this sort of behaviour, and by behaviour I mean editing Wikipedia articles for your own enjoyment, this was Adam Johnsons a while ago (before being changed)....

('National team' section)

B_HDQ8BWwAISWI4.jpg

Seems fair enough.

Sunderland deserve credit.

Would that more clubs acted so quickly and decisively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Even if innocent Adam Johnson is never, ever going to hear the end of this.

With the way the police over there have handled things recently when it comes to sex scandals it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's innocent and some kid has just made an allegation against him. The police have acted on nothing but the word of a kid in the past.

This did make me laugh though.

M5Gh44v.jpg

Seems fair enough.

Yup credit where its due. Hard way back for him even if innocent now though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Corholio wrote: »
    Not that I condone this sort of behaviour, and by behaviour I mean editing Wikipedia articles for your own enjoyment, this was Adam Johnsons a while ago (before being changed)....

('National team' section)

B_HDQ8BWwAISWI4.jpg

good banter mate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

The player has appeared for England and plays for a Premier League club according to the newspaper.

Who the hell writes a article and leaves that has there last sentence. They have written themselves at the start which club he was playing for. Pure lazy journalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

No guarantees he's guilty of anything as of yet obv. Presumption of innocence imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Least the good news is he probably can't score against us in the derby for the millionth time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

If he is innocent, and he must be afforded the benefit of the doubt at the moment of course this is one hell of a nightmare for him that is going to follow him for a long time even if he is cleared. How has he ended up in this position is what I am interested in, working on the presumption he is not guilty of course. I would be clear enough on how he ended up in this position if he is guilty!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I find the lack of anonymity for a currently innocent man appalling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Seems fair enough.

Don't see how it's fair at all. He hasn't been found guilty of anything yet, it's a pity the club haven't the balls to stand by him until then.

jaykay74 wrote: »

Times we live in

Don't see how it's fair at all. He hasn't been found guilty of anything yet, it's a pity the club haven't the balls to stand by him until then.

Doesn't matter, the suspension is fair. They haven't sacked him or anything.

When Aaron Hernandez was arrested last year, before the organisation even knew what the charge was his contract was terminated for simply bringing disrepute on the team.

A suspension pending investigation from your job while under investigation for a sex crime is fair enough tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

In the uk i think this is standard for public figures, the same thing happened with the two coronation street actors when they were accused, when they were found not guilty they returned to work.

I am fully aware he has not been found guilty.

But in many jobs he would be suspended, on full pay of course, once an allegation this serious was made. It's about time football clubs considered doing likewise, instead of standing by players during investigations and, in some famous cases even after adverse findings are made. Why? Not because they have any courage at all, but because the Terry's and Suarez's were valuable players and they put that above all else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I just think it's harsh that's all. It's very easy to make an allegation but not so easy to shake off the stain of that allegation even if it's proven to be false.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

People making a big deal about the gun but apparently he owns a licence for it.

I agree, I've never understood this. Regardless of the outcome, his life/career will now forever be tarnished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I know there was a politician in the UK campaigning for anonymity for both parties in such cases. As at the moment the alleged victims are the only ones who can't be named.

Something along those lines anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I know there was a politician in the UK campaigning for anonymity for both parties in such cases. As at the moment the alleged victims are the only ones who can't be named.

Something along those lines anyway.

Yep, Nigel Evans, former deputy speaker of the UK parliament, who was cleared of raping a man, is campaigning

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/nigel-evans-calls-for-anonymity-for-rape-suspects-9257824.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

**** sake.
    My fantasy team is in tatters.
    Can't keep a clean sheet
    Can't defemd - can't defemd - injured - injured - ivanovic
    Injured - plays for Man Utd - hazard - Henderson - soon to be jailed
    Agueri - Costa - philanderer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't really, but one thing is for sure: the club will likely have a lot more information than anyone else does regarding this situation.

I don't know whether this is the case or not, but maybe based on the information the club have, they think that this will go south for Johnson and from a PR standpoint want to be seeing to be "doing the right thing".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Who released his name , was it the police ?
    Or some journalist putting two and two together ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

I was Googling and I read too fast. I thought I saw a link that said Sunderland swinger but it was actually Sunderland winger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

He is innocent until proven guilty.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement