Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England player arrested

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

It seems like such an easy mistake to make. I mean how many times do you ask for specific details about someone you've met on a night out? Add to that the drinks, dark and loud setting that's probably a fancy club that should be difficult to get into.

And it all results in you thinking you're about to sleep with an A list footballer, and it turns out to be Adam Johnson.

764dak wrote: »
    He is innocent until proven guilty.

I don't think one poster has suggested anything differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

764dak wrote: »
    I was Googling and I read too fast. I thought I saw a link that said Sunderland swinger but it was actually Sunderland winger.

I see what you did there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,428 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Paully D wrote: »

I've just been trolled.

Well played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Giving youth a chance,something he couldn't get at City.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Happened to Dave Jones years ago, awful thing to go through if innocent and plenty of time for repercussions if guilty later. Would be hard to get over if innocent.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Had a family member who suffered at the hands of a paedophile. Hope they lock him up and throw away key the dirty cnt
    First, he's been found guilty of nothing

Second, having sex with a 15 year old, while obviously very wrong, is not paedophilia.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Had a family member who suffered at the hands of a paedophile. Hope they lock him up and throw away key the dirty cnt

Lucky you weren't on the Michael LaVell case so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

This is a fcuking disgrace.

He is innocent until proven guilty. Even if he is guilty, no one here has any idea of the circumstance. A 15-year old can easily - EASILY - be taken to be 18.

We know nothing about Adam Johnson. We know less about the girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Innocent or guilty, this forum is about football is it not? This is not football related.

I like my moderation the way I like my beer......light. And anybody who knows me is aware I like a good chat and debate. But on something like this I cant help but feel this thread should be locked. This isn't the forum to discuss this. The fact that it's a footballer charged doesn't make this about football.

hoodwinked wrote: »
    In the uk i think this is standard for public figures, the same thing happened with the two coronation street actors when they were accused, when they were found not guilty they returned to work.

This is incorrect. Ken Barlow went to Canada to visit his grandson and Kevin Webster went to Germany to attend to his sick father. :pac:

FutureGuy wrote: »

He is innocent until proven guilty. Even if he is guilty, no one here has any idea of the circumstance. A 15-year old can easily - EASILY - be taken to be 18.

I do agree mate, but I would question how he ever found himself in that position in the first place. He has a long-term girlfriend who very recently gave birth to his child and really shouldn't be finding himself in this sort of situation, but that's a moral/ethical question I suppose as opposed to anything else and I'm sure we will hear many more details in the coming weeks which will paint a clearer picture.

Fundamentally, I do feel the law needs to be looked at. IMO there does need to be some sort of protection offered to the accused prior to being charged. If Johnson is innocent, he will never, ever shake this off. His name may well be wrongly tarnished. I guess time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

What's the legal age in this England?

16?

FutureGuy wrote: »

Again, I haven't seen one poster suggest he is guilty.

I'm not sure why one or two seem to need to point out that he is innocent until proven guilty. I presume everyone knows this.

But this is completely different from the prospect of being suspended on full pay. One does not have to wait for a guilty verdict until that happens, or else every employer would have to wait for the criminal trial. Which would of course be ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Again, I haven't seen one poster suggest he is guilty.

I'm not sure why one or two seem to need to point out that he is innocent until proven guilty. I presume everyone knows this.

But this is completely different from the prospect of being suspended on full pay. One does not have to wait for a guilty verdict until that happens, or else every employer would have to wait for the criminal trial. Which would of course be ridiculous.

How about the poster stating they hope they lock up "the dirty cnt" and throw away the key?

Just a hint of pre-determined guilt from that post

ceegee wrote: »
    How about the poster stating they hope they lock up "the dirty cnt" and throw away the key?

Just a hint of pre-determined guilt from that post

His post was wrong.

But if he inserted "if convicted..." then it would be spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

^ and that's the issue.

This will all play out through the press now and if he is innocent it will still follow him around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

For those who frequent Twitter, what's happening there?

Any big names, from whatever walk of life calling for a sacking, or is it just loads of people having a slag of him and registering their disgust in an orderly fashion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

yipeeeee wrote: »
    What's the legal age in this England?

16?

Yep, and were this Spain, she'd be two years over the age of consent which is 13 there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think we're done, nothing other than speculation at this early stage of a fragile investigation for all parties concerned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement