Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Aldi's bike gear ~ Sunday 8th March

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭jeremyr62

None of the waterproof 2 piece oversuits in either of Limerick's stores. Reckon they cocked up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭honda boi

Picked up the jacket ,trousers and boots.
    Think there very good quality for 220€.
    Plenty of gear left in kells,. No rain gear tho.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Does anyone know about the side of the covers? Would it be medium or large for a fireblade? I'm assuming large but my current one is pretty big and blows around in the wind, I want something more tight fitting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

How many functions does the neck warmer have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

surpy wrote: »
    How many functions does the neck warmer have?

I'll start the ball rolling.

1. It keeps your neck warm.

Next.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

2. Can be used for a game of Blind Man's Buff (endless hours of fun)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Snot wipe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Varying levels of stock it seems, no XL jackets in Clane but picked one up in Naas. Fits me way better and more heavily armoured than the Oxford one I'd been using (that cost nearly twice as much).

The XL pants don't fit around my tubby arse so I've a pair of them going spare if anyone wants them around the north kildare area (i'm a 40 waist and chanced me arm, no such luck).

Gloves are good for a lighter pair, and 40 quid for a spare pair of boots for an emergency, can't go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Neck warmer is the one thing I keep losing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Varying levels of stock it seems, no XL jackets in Clane but picked one up in Naas. Fits me way better and more heavily armoured than the Oxford one I'd been using (that cost nearly twice as much).

The XL pants don't fit around my tubby arse so I've a pair of them going spare if anyone wants them around the north kildare area (i'm a 40 waist and chanced me arm, no such luck).

Gloves are good for a lighter pair, and 40 quid for a spare pair of boots for an emergency, can't go wrong.

Aldi are great with returns so don't worry about bringing them back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭positron

I bought and returned the trousers - I felt they might be too warm (!!) in Summer when worn over work clothes / jeans etc. There is no removable liner in the - but otherwise they felt really good and strong.

Tank Bag is smaller than the one Lidl did a few years ago, I wonder if Lidl would stock them again. But on the plus side, tank bag has all the straps to use it as a seat bag as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

positron wrote: »
    Tank Bag is smaller than the one Lidl did a few years ago, I wonder if Lidl would stock them again. But on the plus side, tank bag has all the straps to use it as a seat bag as well.

Would a 15" laptop fit in it?

100% NO. My work issue 14" Latitude won't fit, so no chance of fitting a 15".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Pique wrote: »
    Would a 15" laptop fit in it?

No, not even close for a 15" macbook, it might take the 13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

Watch them magnets on your laptops

It will be fine. I used lidl bag to carry laptop INA and out of work daily for 3+ years. Mechanical hard drives should have more than enough shielding to protect its platters from these puny magnets. I switched to SSD recently, so its even safer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You always lose space in the ends of the fingers when you wear the gloves on a bike. This is a big problem for me as I can never get winter gloves with long enough fingers. I'd stick with the bigger pair. The quality of the leather in those gloves looked very poor to me though.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

RHJ wrote: »
    hi everyone

i have a question about the size of the gloves and the way that they fit

How exactly should they fit i bought a size large and when i have them on there is space left at the end of the fingers. so today i bought a size medium glove but when i make a fist it is quite uncomfortable so should i stay with the size large or will the medium stretch over time?

The leather will stretch with use but maybe not enough the make them comfortable, I'd go with the large as long as you can use controls properly. They seemed a tight fit when I tried on the XL.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrick151

Zascar wrote: »
    Does anyone know about the side of the covers? Would it be medium or large for a fireblade? I'm assuming large but my current one is pretty big and blows around in the wind, I want something more tight fitting...

Medium. My SV650S is a bit larger and the large one blew away yesterday... had to chase it down the park near work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Anyone get the two-piece rain gear? Anyone know if it's any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Anyone get the two-piece rain gear? Anyone know if it's any good?

Seems that it didn't show up in any of the shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

positron wrote: »
    I bought and returned the trousers - I felt they might be too warm (!!) in Summer when worn over work clothes / jeans etc. There is no removable liner in the - but otherwise they felt really good and strong.

I bought and still have trousers and jacket from aldi previously, the jacket and trousers seem better this time, but all in I'm happy with mine. The liner in my jacket and trousers is removable, I looked at the current stuff but didn't look at to see if there is a liner or if it w removable, I assumed it would be.I think the jacket has more zipped pockets, two on the top and I think two inside.don't really like putting stuff in the top pockets unless its flat or the bottom ones as they have no zip, but I've lost now thing out of them so far, probably won't put my wallet or house keys in there again after saying that.
    zubair wrote: »
    Seems that it didn't show up in any of the shops.

That's a relief, maybe they'll come in yet? I have a one piecenran suit and its a bit of a pain to put on, had a look and nothing available so assumed they were all sold. A pair ofmseperate trousers would be handy, lidl are usually around the same time for their gear, for certain stuff generally I think lidl are better but I recalled the aldi bike gear seeming better to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

Still some jackets, trousers, tank bags, locks, boots, gloves and various other bits still available in Aldi in Arklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

The chain is a lot lighter than the ones I got there before, there is another padlock that's heavy looking. Not sure how much you can rely on any lock or chain, unless its something at the top end of locks/chains, for me at the value of bike im using its more looks, like something thats extra hassle to a thief. I don't think thieves carry sledgehammers but I might test one of the locks and chains myself.

Anyone know if lidl is having their bike gear out soon? They always seemed to be out similar times in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Any word on when lidl are getting their gear in ? they had it last month in the uk

Advertisement