Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best clothes brush for pet hair?

• 02-03-2015 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

I hoover regularly, brush her coat out, wash her bedding etc....

But after a morning cuddle and bit of a swoom round my legs, you can clearly see white cat hairs on my black work clothes!

Worse, some items seem to act like cat hair magnets in the washing machine and come out hairy!

Any advice/recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

A rubber glove! Works a treat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

DBB wrote: »
    A rubber glove! Works a treat!

I've actually been using a damp rubber glove, but it seems to work better on some items than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

A damp rubber glove and I also use the sticky roller brushes. I prefer the disposable sticky paper on those to normal clothes brushes, I think they pick up more stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Lint rollers. My sister has 3 cats, one of whom is almost completely white, and she swears by the lint rollers from Ikea. They're so cheap but do a really good job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

And for white Boxer x Springer hair that has more clinging power than Solvite... duct tape! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

I love the clothes roller. But like Pumpkinseeds said, the rip-away ones are so much better. They don't last very long but the paper is so sticky it removes everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Anything rubber. I have a small hand held rubber brush and it works wonders on clothes, carpet etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Plain old parcel tape is also great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭Milly33

These are actually really good http://www.jmldirect.com/uk/laundry/fastfit-sticky-rollers-for-lint-fluff+pet-hair-removal-2-pack/invt/f0esr10100000001 Homestore and More and Heatons have them..

Have to say they are fantastic, id be the same I dust brush, brush, sweep mop and the hair is still there these take it all away

Advertisement