Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Last Man On Earth

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭PIORUN

Its only ok this year not great....episodes seems very short and nothing really seems to have happened. They've danced around Phils brother in space for the whole of season 2 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

briany wrote: »
    I think if the show was finding new people regularly, it would keep character relationships shallow. There's only so much time in a half-hour show to introduce new characters and have interactions between the ones already established.
    Yeah, to be honest I think they jumped from 1 to 7 pretty quickly so I'm delighted the pace has slowed down.

Don't feel there's much need for the plot to progress too quickly either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭briany

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Yeah, to be honest I think they jumped from 1 to 7 pretty quickly so I'm delighted the pace has slowed down.

Don't feel there's much need for the plot to progress too quickly either.

There's nowhere for the plot to go, really. What it boils down to is that it's some people stuck in a place, a sort of post apocalyptic Gilligan's Island but with less celebrity guest stars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Just finished off season 2, interest here seems to have died off after the midseason finale back in December.

Introducing brotherly cuckolding...yeah, hilarious idea. The writers/creators have ruined a great premise, and I spend most episodes annoyed by the characters actions. Quite surprised it even get renewed for a third season, with it's mediocre ratings and plot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I actually loved the second season and I'm pretty amped for a third. I thought the first season really slumped in the middle and Phil had no growth... thought season two was fairly strong throughout and managed to mix solid comedy with genuinely compelling/sad stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

Anybody Know where I can buy the second season of this in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,048 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gregorym2 wrote: »
    Anybody Know where I can buy the second season of this in Dublin?
    Don't think it's out on DVD buddy..

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭PIORUN

I don't know how I stuck with it but season 3 of this is terrible, each epsiode worse than the last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Yeah it's got bad .

The first season with Phil on his own and maybe when Carol came into it was the best.

• Advertisement

There have been some weaker episodes this season, but I can't agree with the previous two posts at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Anyone still watching this? I'm half way through season 4 and think it's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Anyone still watching this? I'm half way through season 4 and think it's great.

Yep I stuck with , I enjoy it.

Still watching it... still one of the best comedies on network television at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Finished this last night

Enjoyable half hours of nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

‘The Last Man On Earth’ Creator Will Forte Reveals What Season 5 Might Have Been

https://deadline.com/2018/08/the-last-man-on-earth-creator-will-forte-reveals-what-season-5-might-have-been-1202440539/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I stopped watching half way through season 3. It just got boring and I know Phil was meant to be annoying but he was actually grating on me rather than just the characters.

Is it worth going back and finishing season 3 and watching 4? I did enjoy the earlier ones.

I think most of the first season should have just been Phil on his own and how he passes the time, maybe bringing Carol in at the end of the last episode of the season. Introducing another character in the first episode was a mistake imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I enjoyed it but I can't see much point getting back into it to finish off Season 3 and 4 if you weren't feeling it up to that point. There certainly wasn't a dramatic change in character/tone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭adaminho

All episodes added to Disney +

Advertisement