Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public liability insurance

Options
  • 02-03-2015 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Am I right in saying that public liability insurance is not a legal requirement?
    Also am I covered if the person signs a liability waiver or should I still consider insurance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

way too little information to even hazard a guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

It's a rental business where customers rent medical equipment for a number of weeks at a time and they would be used in public areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

You do need cover! Say one of your machines has short cicuit or a leg falls off it and causes injury to a 3rd party. Anyone who runs any type of business or even owns a property and does not have PL cover uderwrites the risk themselves!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Thanks pedronomix. Will get some quotes asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

martyoo wrote: »
    It's a rental business where customers rent medical equipment for a number of weeks at a time and they would be used in public areas.

I think you would be mad going into that without coverage. Its cheap enough to get and you're just asking for trouble if something does go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

for the sake of a couple of hundred a year...get some

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chicotaz

Hi,

Dont know where is best to be posting this but maybe you guys can help...

Anyone know how much public liability costs [or what i need] for a kids football academy to be run every saturday/sunday morning?

Also on a separate note how much would a policy be for language classes with max ten students in each class. Classes are for adults and children.

Thanks for your help in advance.
    Louise

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

chicotaz wrote: »
    Hi,

Dont know where is best to be posting this but maybe you guys can help...

Anyone know how much public liability costs [or what i need] for a kids football academy to be run every saturday/sunday morning?

Also on a separate note how much would a policy be for language classes with max ten students in each class. Classes are for adults and children.

Thanks for your help in advance.
    Louise

You'd probably need to talk to a broker direct (Try bizbroker.ie). For €2.6m cover in a similar field, my premium this year was €270.00. This level of cover should be fine for most council-run and parish properties but be warned, Fingal CC were looking for double that last year.

Advertisement