Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do??

Options
  • 02-03-2015 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Hi all can anyone help my son got sick on my laptop and keys are double clicking now after I've cleaned it!!

Is it ffd anyone know what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

hollster2 wrote: »
    Hi all can anyone help my son got sick on my laptop and keys are double clicking now after I've cleaned it!!

Is it ffd anyone know what to do?

You'll have to remove keyboard to give it a proper clean. Pretty straightforward usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Oh I wouldn't have a clue how to do that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

mordeith wrote: »
    You'll have to remove keyboard to give it a proper clean. Pretty straightforward usually.

I would have to agree, the laptop will have to be disassembled.

But most likely I would say that the laptop is done for. Since it's been powered on after not being cleaned comprehensively, there is most likely damage done. I wouldn't have faith in this machine surviving terribly long unfortunately. My recommendation, backup everything now.

I took the advice and took off the keys and cleaned it! The laptop is perfect, only thing is the the keys were double lettering when I typed, brought it to my local laptop shop and he's fixing my keyboard.

No need for me to get rid of it.
    Thanks for your reply's.

I took the advice and took off the keys and cleaned it! The laptop is perfect, only thing is the the keys were double lettering when I typed, brought it to my local laptop shop and he's fixing my keyboard.

No need for me to get rid of it.
    Thanks for your reply's.

Please back it up to an external drive though. I have seen this happen before, laptops will run for a couple of weeks without much issue and then start acting up. Hopefully this wont happen, but better to be safe.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks is that one drive??? Is so I have this already.

Thanks for the advice.

Ok thanks is that one drive??? Is so I have this already.

Thanks for the advice.

Hmmmm

One-drive is a service that will hold data online, but only if you put it in the one-drive folder and allow it time to upload. Typically this will only allow you to store very little.

If you have photos, I would recommend storing it on a USB Hard disk, or even a USB stick as a backup. However a USB stick is not terribly reliable for such a use...

Advertisement