Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Void Race

Options
  • 02-03-2015 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi,

I am fairly new round here and just have a question for the seasoned gamblers on the forum.

I popped into ladbrokes today after work to take a look at the football quickslip for tomorrow evening. While i was there I had a little flutter on a race in the US. it was the 6.12 at mahoning valley. The race went off and my horse won. There was a stewards enquiry called and I didn't have time to wait for the result so off I went.
    Checked the result on PP on my phone and saw that the race result stood and my horse won (i think there was an enquiry because one of the jockeys fell off in the stall)

anyway i went to another lads to collect my money only to be told that the race was voided. Can one bookie do this?

Every other bookmakers seem to have the result up on their results page as being a valid race and result.

Can lads simply void the race at their convenience? I only had a very small amount on the horse at small odds but that's not the point.

can anyone answer this for me?

cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

barrier86 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am fairly new round here and just have a question for the seasoned gamblers on the forum.

I popped into ladbrokes today after work to take a look at the football quickslip for tomorrow evening. While i was there I had a little flutter on a race in the US. it was the 6.12 at mahoning valley. The race went off and my horse won. There was a stewards enquiry called and I didn't have time to wait for the result so off I went.
    Checked the result on PP on my phone and saw that the race result stood and my horse won (i think there was an enquiry because one of the jockeys fell off in the stall)

anyway i went to another lads to collect my money only to be told that the race was voided. Can one bookie do this?

Every other bookmakers seem to have the result up on their results page as being a valid race and result.

Can lads simply void the race at their convenience? I only had a very small amount on the horse at small odds but that's not the point.

can anyone answer this for me?

cheers.

Absolutely not. LAds are terrible. Go back tomorrow. Print off the result if necessary and get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Absolutely not. LAds are terrible. Go back tomorrow. Print off the result if necessary and get paid.

Thanks for replying joe. I showed the girl behind the counter and she called up their head office and she told me that it was a void race?? I've just checked lads site there and they have V beside all of the runners.
    Powers just have the result up and the price the horse came in at, as does william hills

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ask them why it was a void race?
    If PP and Hills have a result, no reason why Lads would have anything different.
    Check racingpost.com website and see what they say about the race.
    There's no way Hills would pay out on a void race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Out of interest I looked at the replay, the stalls malfunctioned and the stewards declared the race void. It's the correct decision to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Out of interest I looked at the replay, the stalls malfunctioned and the stewards declared the race void. It's the correct decision to be fair.

I never noticed that to be honest. I missed the start of it as I was filling out my football slip.
    I supposed it's case closed so.

Thanks for the help all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

barrier86 wrote: »
    I never noticed that to be honest. I missed the start of it as I was filling out my football slip.
    I supposed it's case closed so.

Thanks for the help all!

At least there was a reason to void it, but it proves, and not for the first or last time, NEVER use LADS. Powers etc will pay out on such an outcome under "justice payout" policy.

Advertisement