Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best restaurant in Dublin for special dinner

Options
  • 02-03-2015 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

It's my girlfriend's 30th birthday later in the month and I want to take her out for a special dinner. So, if you could pick any restaurant at all in Dublin city centre for this, what would it be? Let's assume no budget and we love all kinds of cuisine. It'll be a midweek night, if that makes any difference. Looking forward to your suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,684 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Chapter One.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

L'Ecrivain would be my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

I'd agree on chapter one

But I would also suggest Darwins

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Another for Chapter One.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

Can you get a booking at such short notice for Chapter One?(If you can -go for it!)

• Advertisement

vandriver wrote: »
    Can you get a booking at such short notice for Chapter One?(If you can -go for it!)

Depends on what day it is and how far away it is if its 4 weeks and on a Tuesday probably going to be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I would say Chapter One too. They make you feel like a king or queen everytime you go and visit. Its wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

jimmii wrote: »
    Depends on what day it is and how far away it is if its 4 weeks and on a Tuesday probably going to be ok.

It's 3 weeks on Wednesday. Sounds like Chapter One is the place to go, so will try and book tomorrow.

It's 3 weeks on Wednesday. Sounds like Chapter One is the place to go, so will try and book tomorrow.

Wednesday gives you a better shot anyway no harm in calling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Chapter One 100%! Went once before and would absolutely love to return, wonderful food and impeccable service!

Forrest Avenue is also very special, though not in the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Chapter One and the Greenhouse are my top two for occasions

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Another vote for Chapter 1.
    Have you been to fine dining places before?

No matter where you go, be sure to phone ahead and ask for a bottle of bubbly to be brought to the table as you are seated - she'll be well impressed.
    Also let them know it's a special occasion (birthday) and they'll probably prepare a 'birthday plate' (Happy Birthday written in chocolate with a few chocolates) to be presented for dessert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Haven't been to Chapter 1 in years but was in the Greenhouse last year, superb food. The tasting menu with matching wines was an amazing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

Booked Chapter One today. Thanks for all of your recommendations.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

'Well jel', as the young folk say. I shall have to think up a reason to have a special lunch there myself sometime soon again. Have a lovely time.

Advertisement