Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

to go with large or small university

• 02-03-2015 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

As my title suggests I have a personal dilemma. I have the choice between a large university like maynooth and a small one like ITB , I know that I will have good time with either one but the difference is that witch one would be better. The lecture classes are really small in ITB, and are huge in maynooth. Maynooth is known for its large social aspect while ITB is known for its community unity, what do you guys think. If by some miraculous chance you are someone who has experienced both your input is much appreciated as anyone else's is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

maynooth wouldn't be classed as large. .. its big but small next ta ucc or trinity and the likes.. I go ta maynooth and its great craic.. its not so big that you never see your friends which is a big plus.. im always bumping into friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

i wouldn't worry too much about the size of the place. i think it depends which one offers the best course/which one has the best success rate.
    saying that, and contradicting myself here, but i would choose a smaller one. but maynooth isn't that big. if you're worried about being in lectures of hundreds of people, you'd prob be better off going to the IT's moreso that the universities.

what is it you're hoping to study, if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 arcticthinker

berger89 wrote: »
    i wouldn't worry too much about the size of the place. i think it depends which one offers the best course/which one has the best success rate.
    saying that, and contradicting myself here, but i would choose a smaller one. but maynooth isn't that big. if you're worried about being in lectures of hundreds of people, you'd prob be better off going to the IT's moreso that the universities.

what is it you're hoping to study, if you don't mind me asking?
    Computer science :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

Computer science :)

Ahhhh very good! may i suggest NUIG, UCC and Maynooth so! best of luck! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nothing wrong with the computer courses in ITB either.
    Anecdotally, the ITs have better student academic support systems should you find yourself in difficulty, but go where you want and make as many contacts as you can, in the college and on placements.

• Advertisement
Advertisement