Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Battery for 2010 13" MBP

• 03-03-2015 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭

As the title says. What's the best battery replacement for the above model (MC374LL/A)? There are quite a few on eBay and Amazon but some are better than others it seems. Any experience with those?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

They are all the same. Spurious knockoffs that haven’t undergone proper testing. I’d be very sceptical of any seller claiming theirs is superior. Either get the genuine replacement part (only available via Apple) or get the cheapest one you can find and hope for the best.

There’s a few threads about this on the Mac forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

yes, in my experience they never last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 mocathain

id go with a genuine one .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

If you get a quote, let us know. I've a 2009 machine that could do with a new battery if the price wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 remnant

Yes, I would be interested in the cost too (also have a 13" 2010 Mbp). I would also be interested to know how many hours of charge you get off a new battery, running Mavericks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

No good news so far. Everybody says get an original. Ok. I get that.

So I try to find out how much that will cost me. But the funny thing is they actually want €29 just to process my service request. Asking how much a battery would cost is apparently a service request.

And then they won't actually sell you the thing. Not online anyway. Work needs to be carried out by an apple service partner. Only places you will find apple service partners is Dublin and Cork. This is becoming hassle now.

But I go to the states once or twice a year. I think I'll just pop into an Apple Store next time I'm over and that's that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Apple won’t sell you the battery separately, not here or in the US, as it’s not a user-replaceable part. The only way to get one to pay for they full battery replacement service, which costs about 130 euro. This is the only way to get a genuine Apple battery.

Sorry, I should have made this clearer in my first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Thats the other thing ye, although bringing the MBP along is not a problem. That's quite steep though considering you get the eBay yokes for €50. Ugh

Advertisement