Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refused EMobile as an Eircom Customer

Options
  • 03-03-2015 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So I'm an Eircom customer, clear account, never missed a payment and I applied for eMobile bill-pay as I thought, why not - good deal need a new phone and I can stick it onto my Eircom account.

Called to Carphone Warehouse on Sunday, went through everything - and was told it had been declined in store (much embarrassment) 
    Came home, put application through online, paid €129 for Samsung Galaxy 4 - received email to say Phone will be in the Post - Congratulations etc.
    Got a phonecall on Monday to say I had to pay €100 due on my account and thats the reason it had been declined in Carphone Warehouse - at least now I could see the reason why so no problem, even though it had been embarrassing at least I could see why.

So I paid the €100 owed and then received another phonecall this morning to say 'Declined' and under the Data Protection act (etc etc) they couldn't disclose this I would have to write to Eircom Credit Vetting to find out.

The fact that I'm not applying for a LOAN, why in the name of god was an Eircom Customer (with no outstanding debt) - Credit checked (and I can tell you - incorrectly credit checked as I have no bad debts) 
    refused a phone with a company I already pay monthly?
    I rang my bank to see if they knew what could have happened and they responded saying 'There should be none, your account is fine, and always has been'

This whole thing of writing to find out will probably take 15-20 days at least, in the meantime I'm just supposed to wait?

I think it's very poor service from Eircom, as I've said - how can someone who has an account already be refused or flagged as a risk when everything is always paid, and it's not a loan application? - and don't tell me write to Eircom Credit Vetting!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

So I'm an Eircom customer, clear account, never missed a payment and I applied for eMobile bill-pay as I thought, why not - good deal need a new phone and I can stick it onto my Eircom account.

Called to Carphone Warehouse on Sunday, went through everything - and was told it had been declined in store (much embarrassment) 
    Came home, put application through online, paid €129 for Samsung Galaxy 4 - received email to say Phone will be in the Post - Congratulations etc.
    Got a phonecall on Monday to say I had to pay €100 due on my account and thats the reason it had been declined in Carphone Warehouse - at least now I could see the reason why so no problem, even though it had been embarrassing at least I could see why.

So I paid the €100 owed and then received another phonecall this morning to say 'Declined' and under the Data Protection act (etc etc) they couldn't disclose this I would have to write to Eircom Credit Vetting to find out.

The fact that I'm not applying for a LOAN, why in the name of god was an Eircom Customer (with no outstanding debt) - Credit checked (and I can tell you - incorrectly credit checked as I have no bad debts) 
    I rang my bank to see if they knew what could have happened and they responded saying 'There should be none, your account is fine, and always has been'

This whole thing of writing to find out will probably take 15-20 days at least, in the meantime I'm just supposed to wait?

I think it's very poor service from Eircom, as I've said - how can someone who has an account already be refused or flagged as a risk when everything is always paid, and it's not a loan application? - and don't tell me write to Eircom Credit Vetting!
    Hello optimusdamo

I do understand your disappointment - apologies for this and any inconvenience created as a result.

I'm aware that you had advised in the above post not to tell you to write to eircom credit Vetting but ultimately that's the only route available to obtain clarification on this.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Its nothing to do with credit checks ( Meteor/emobile have no access to someones credit history. Only ICB members have write access to that) what they use is credit scoring. 

Vote with your feet and move to another landline provider.  

Advertisement