Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False negative record on Credit Rating

Options
  • 03-03-2015 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    My dad recently went for a small car loan with the credit union and when they checked his credit rating it said he owed 450 euro to a place I moved out of 8 years ago. When I moved out all rent was paid and a friend who took over my place on the lease. We contacted the agency to explain I was moving out and he was moving in and my deposit on acc was changed to him and he paid me the deposit. There was no issues with the agency. When they all moved out approx nine months later there was no issues as they were out of contract. They are all very honest correct people and my best friends and swear there was no issues with moving out and paid rent and as far as they can remember all got their deposits back. Certainly we were all very friendly at the time and I dont remember them mentioning anything.

They have all since gotten mortagages etc with no issues and I have not changed my email or phone and have never had any contact regarding owing money in my name or my fathers int he interveen 8 years.

How do we go about getting this sorted?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

What company shows on your copy of the icb report?
    have you contacted them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Doesnt make sense..8year old record of a deposit.

they only stay there for 5 years and only the attached can put stuff there in the first place. Banks, Credit Unions, Local Authorities and finance houses. Who were you renting from?

http://www.icb.ie/membership.php

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

they only stay there for 5 years and only the attached can put stuff there in the first place. Banks, Credit Unions, Local Authorities and finance houses. Who were you renting from?

Apologies for delay, all sorted. Some mix up by estate agent at time or something who had him down as an unpaid deposit etc ?? Anyway they admit it's their mistake and getting it removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

polydactyl wrote: »
    Apologies for delay, all sorted. Some mix up by estate agent at time or something who had him down as an unpaid deposit etc ?? Anyway they admit it's their mistake and getting it removed.

The estate agent put an entry on your ICB?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

This makes no sense, they would not have access?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

If they waiting 3/4 years, then got a court judgement?
    This makes no sense, they would not have access?

Unless they went to court over it maybe ?

Advertisement