Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"This application requires features not available on your device"

Options
  • 03-03-2015 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I have a Huawei Ascend y530 on Android. A few days ago my phone tried to update the Facebook app and it couldn't finish the update, saying "This application requires features not available on your device". Which I thought was strange because I've always had the app.

Then I tried uninstalling it and re-installing it but got the same message. I had to restore to factory settings anyway due to the phone being incredibly slow. I did that and when I went to install Facebook I got the same error.

Anyone know why I'm getting this "This application requires features not available on your device". error?

Note: I couldn't give a **** if I ever get that Facebook app again, I'm just curious as to why it's happening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Facebook have probably updated the application in such a manner that it now requires a feature that your device doesn't have, this requirement wasn't there before they updated, it could be a feature only available in later versions of Android or it could be that your version of Google Play services is out of date, try and see if you can update that - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gms&hl=en_GB

I don't use Facebook so not aware of what they may have added or asked for permission for so I'm only guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Facebook have probably updated the application in such a manner that it now requires a feature that your device doesn't have, this requirement wasn't there before they updated, it could be a feature only available in later versions of Android or it could be that your version of Google Play services is out of date, try and see if you can update that - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gms&hl=en_GB

I don't use Facebook so not aware of what they may have added or asked for permission for so I'm only guessing.

Thanks for the reply AP :)

Google Play Services didn't need an update so I unstalled the previous updates and re-updated it. Still got the same error when I tried up update Facebook.

Guess I'm destined not to use Facebook. How ever will I live :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Veralian

I have a huawei y530 like you and the same thing happened to me also,first it happened when I tried downloading uc browser and now with facebook(If only I made a backup for it before deleting the app).anyway I just want to know why,could it be because the phone doesn't support live wallpapers?

Advertisement