Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up an Business account

Options
  • 03-03-2015 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hello im just wondering what is required of 3 people looking to create a business account which would be mostly used for global online transactions, as in what is required of the three persons, identity proof of company?
    would we have to arrange to meet the bank manager and what are the benefits of creating an business account with BOI, thanks
    Tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi legend1981 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie and for your interest in banking with us.

The identification documents required can vary between different types of business accounts and can be account specific. This information can certainly be confirmed with a Business Advisor.

As an appointment is necessary, this can be arranged here with the branch of your choice. A Business Advisor will make contact and arrange to meet at a time and day that's convenient for you. This will allow you to discuss your banking requirements and allow us to fulfil these for you along with any questions you may have regarding banking with us. Your Business Advisor will also keep in touch with you, offering support and advice on an on-going basis.

You can also avail of our Business Online facility, this allows you to keep track of your business daily and transfer payments at ease. More information on the benefits can be found here

You can also find information on business current accounts here

If we can be of further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to ask. 

Thanks again for your interest,
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

legend1981 be aware that the online services is one of the worst I've ever used. At the moment it only works with IE 7, 8, 9. That means you can't login on Chrome, Firefox or even IE10 (without compatibility mode enabled) etc. and you are totally snookered if you run OSX.

There is a sticky at the top of the forum discussing the 'new' Business Online Banking system which is apparently on the way. This has been promised for the last couple of years and is yet to arrive. At no stage have BOI been able to provide an actual deadline and introduction date which I find incredible (as a web developer myself). Furthermore, this seems to be just a new skin on top of the old system. If this is the case it means they are not touching the backend system and we can forget about there being any new features introduced now or in the future as I will assume the old backend system is too complex or difficult to change without a wholesale replacement.

I would strongly advise you to avoid BOI if your business will be centering around online transactions as online business banking is clearly not something they have taken seriously given the state of the BOL application.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 legend1981

[quocardJackKelly;94554134"]legend1981 be aware that the online services is one of the worst I've ever used. At the moment it only works with IE 7, 8, 9. That means you can't login on Chrome, Firefox or even IE10 (without compatibility mode enabled) etc. and you are totally snookered if you run OSX.

There is a sticky at the top of the forum discussing the 'new' Business Online Banking system which is apparently on the way. This has been promised for the last couple of years and is yet to arrive. At no stage have BOI been able to provide an actual deadline and introduction date which I find incredible (as a web developer myself). Furthermore, this seems to be just a new skin on top of the old system. If this is the case it means they are not touching the backend system and we can forget about there being any new features introduced now or in the future as I will assume the old backend system is too complex or difficult to change without a wholesale replacement.

I would strongly advise you to avoid BOI if your business will be centering around online transactions as online business banking is clearly not something they have taken seriously given the state of the BOL application.[/quote]

Thanks for getting in touch I appricate any feedback from anyone that has had any experience in this field...I have the L plates on at the moment. So could you point me in the right direction I'm heading about KBC and AIB as potential Business Account for banking. But I also heard AiB don't offer a business debut card. I'd really appreciate any ones Tuppence! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

legend1981 wrote: »
    [quocardJackKelly;94554134"]legend1981 be aware that the online services is one of the worst I've ever used. At the moment it only works with IE 7, 8, 9. That means you can't login on Chrome, Firefox or even IE10 (without compatibility mode enabled) etc. and you are totally snookered if you run OSX.

I would strongly advise you to avoid BOI if your business will be centering around online transactions as online business banking is clearly not something they have taken seriously given the state of the BOL application.

Thanks for getting in touch I appricate any feedback from anyone that has had any experience in this field...I have the L plates on at the moment. So could you point me in the right direction I'm heading about KBC and AIB as potential Business Account for banking. But I also heard AiB don't offer a business debut card. I'd really appreciate any ones Tuppence! Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi legend1981,

We would be happy to arrange a call-back from a Business On Line Rep who will help answer any questions or concerns you have. If you would like to send us a PM with your name, business name and a contact number, we can organise this straight away.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement