Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should he call company re interview?

Options
  • 03-03-2015 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    My OH had an interview with a company middle of last week. He heard about the role through someone he worked with previously - who in turn passed on the CV.
    Interview was last week - and they told him they would be back in touch early this week...

He knows there were 3 in for the role....but feels he did a good interview. When is appropriate to follow up with the company on this job? His friend has no part in the process, other than forwarding the CV - so he wont have any detail...

Is it ok to follow up if you hear nothing after X number of days? Its a job in a company he really wants....

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

Yes, of course it is ok to follow-up with the prospective employer.

I would follow up by phone.
    • Follow up to acknowledge/thank the company for the interview.
    • Follow up to check that they got all the information that they needed at the interview.
    • Follow up to confirm that his interest in the role is even stronger since the interview

Do not follow-up to find out if he was successful, or demand a response or ask when will a decision be made, that sounds like a needy child.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

If the company committed to giving a reply by early this week then I would find nothing out of place with a call or mail towards the end of the week requesting feedback. I would certainly be doing so come Friday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Bear in mind that (especially if this is a perm role) a turn-around time of a few weeks isn't unusual.
    They may be interviewing other people
    The hiring manager/HR person might be on holiday
    A huge piece of work might be due and everything else is at the bottom of the list.
    Lots of things can get in the way.
    There's usually the best intention in the world to come back by <whatever> date but it doesn't always happen!

I work in recruitment and I feel like I spend half my time chasing hiring managers for interview feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks all - OP here..
    Really good and positive feedback - so I will encourage him now to follow up by the end of the week..

Appreciate it!!

Advertisement