Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Pet stuff Monday 9th March

• 03-03-2015 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

I was just looking at Lidls online leaflet and they've got some nice pet stuff in next Monday. Mostly beds, but a few toys, cat tunnel, scratching posts and I think there's a retractable leash too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Here's a link: http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=423

Really interested in the accessories! The treatball looks pretty good.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

If I find out that ye bought all the treat balls there'll be hell to pay :P

The chew and the collapsible bowls look handy too

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jmcgrath

The rectangular dog bed caught me eye as we are looking to get a new one, but 21.00 is a bit stiff given I saw a very similar and comfortable looking one in Dunnes Home dept. for about 15 quid last week. Make sure to shop around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Dunnes also have pet blankets for €5 at the moment, I think they're 120cm x 120cm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Dunnes also have pet blankets for €5 at the moment, I think they're 120cm x 120cm

I bought a couple of the blankets for my dog six years ago when he was a pup. Amazing quality, wash well, dry quickly, and still look as good as new. A very good buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Beds seem a bit steep but am going to pick up a blanket and the treat dispenser!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

Just bought 2 blankets. Very good quality.

falabo wrote: »
    Just bought 2 blankets. Very good quality.

Got one blanket for Opie, very pleased and surprised at the quality for the price. Very thick and soft, and actually bigger than the bottom of his medium-sized crate. The treat dispenser ball holds one feed worth of his kibble and he's playing with it at the minute - wouldn't recommend it for a heavy-duty chewer, but it would be more durable than the regular pound store toys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I got one of the blankest as well and I'm very pleased with it. I have to say the quality of the cat scratchy toys seems excellent, although funds are tight so I had to stop myself from buying anything else.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

I got one of the blankest as well and I'm very pleased with it. I have to say the quality of the cat scratchy toys seems excellent, although funds are tight so I had to stop myself from buying anything else.:)

Oh yeah, I am going over for cat scratchy toys later.....hope they still have some!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

My girl 6 month old kitten is having great fun in the tunnel , loving it . Also got the blanket great quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

MrWalsh wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I am going over for cat scratchy toys later.....hope they still have some!

Have a good look around, our local Lidl had the pet stuff in 2 different aisles.

Have a good look around, our local Lidl had the pet stuff in 2 different aisles.

Ours too, the beds and cat toys were in one and the blankets and dog toys in another!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Ours too, the beds and cat toys were in one and the blankets and dog toys in another!

Thanks for the tip! (best to tell me before I attack the staff lol!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

I bought 2 blankets.........great quality, an instant hit with my two as soon as they came out of the packaging!

I got two of the dental chews and two treat balls.

My girls had a great time licking and chewing to get the pate out of the chews, but I think they're probably a bit big and heavy for terriers. I plan on trying them on the treat balls this evening and seeing how they fare with them.

2 scratching posts, one scratching roller.

The scratching posts are very popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Thank you Pumpkinseeds for starting this thread:) Got the JRT the food dispensing ball and she loves it. She is totally food driven and treats never last a second with her. Today her lunchtime slice of ham which is normally gone in .5 of a second was torn into little pieces and put into the ball. I ate my lunch and managed a cup of tea while she was having a great time with her new toy:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

jomalone14 wrote: »
    I bought 2 blankets.........great quality, an instant hit with my two as soon as they came out of the packaging!
    Yes, the blankets are great. We have two on our bed to stop cat hairs from sticking to the quilt covers, well at least during the day anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Layinghen wrote: »
    Thank you Pumpkinseeds for starting this thread:) Got the JRT the food dispensing ball and she loves it. She is totally food driven and treats never last a second with her. Today her lunchtime slice of ham which is normally gone in .5 of a second was torn into little pieces and put into the ball. I ate my lunch and managed a cup of tea while she was having a great time with her new toy:D

Pumpkinseeds, are u being paid commission by Lidl for this thread :cool: I am going to have to go down to Lidl tonight to collect some of these goodies, since everyone is raving about them!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Cat doesn't quite know what to make of the tunnel (yet) but the treat dispensing ball is sure a hit.

The chews are still popular, but they seem to be losing the nubby bits.

The treat balls I'll have to set a video for because I got them to keep one dog entertained while I walk the other. It was empty when I got home, that's all I can say! I gave them a trial run with a few bits of kibble before I went out and while it seemed that one dog is too impatient and the other dog is too stupid to work out how to use them they seem to have worked it out in my absence!

Advertisement