Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for 8PIN To PCI-E(6+2)PIN Cable ?

Options
  • 03-03-2015 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

Ok So ive the following PSU:

http://www.adata.com/index.php?action=product_feature&cid=4&piid=94&lan=en

And I need 2 new PCI-E cables for a 2nd graphics card.
    Male to Male - 8PIN To PCI-E(6+2)PIN Cable

I cannot seem to find them anywhere.

Am I retarded or what ? Can someone link one to me or point me somewhere i can get them :confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You need two more 8-pin connections? What two cards are you running?

You would need to get adaptors, molex connectors to 8-pin.

Like this.

Depending on what cards they are might be a better idea to buy new power supply either. If it's two GTX970's....might be OK. If its two R9-290X's....new supply needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

You need two more 8-pin connections? What two cards are you running?

You would need to get adaptors, molex connectors to 8-pin.

Like this.

Depending on what cards they are might be a better idea to buy new power supply either. If it's two GTX970's....might be OK. If its two R9-290X's....new supply needed.

Nah its 2 "ASUS GeForce ENGTX560 Ti DirectCU II"s, so from what i've read, its grand.

PSU has space for 2 more 8 pin connections from what i can see.

psu_grommet.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Would you not just upgrade the GTX560Ti? It's an old card at this stage, very power hungry and performance is on the lower end of the scale. Two of them in SLI would use a ton of power and generate a lot of heat.

You'd be much better off just upgrading to something like a single R9 280X for about 200.

Would you not just upgrade the GTX560Ti? It's an old card at this stage, very power hungry and performance is on the lower end of the scale. Two of them in SLI would use a ton of power and generate a lot of heat.

You'd be much better off just upgrading to something like a single R9 280X for about 200.

I already have the 2 cards, they'll do me for now. I'll be upgrading in the future, but currently, I don't have 200 to drop on a new card.

Think im just going to have to Contact A-Data support and see if they;rr send me out some cables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭justjustin

A quick google found THIS. I am in no way recommending that site but it might help you find what you want elsewhere.

Advertisement