Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car/Student Loan

Options
  • 03-03-2015 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello,

I was wondering if applying for a small car loan, approx €3000 now would hinder my chances of getting a student loan for a masters later on in the year? The 2 year full time masters total cost is €8,500.

I have full time employment now and still will if i don't get a place on the course.I really need a new car soon but will not be able to do the masters without the funding! I don't know what to do! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Camoge wrote: »
    Hello,

I was wondering if applying for a small car loan, approx €3000 now would hinder my chances of getting a student loan for a masters later on in the year? The 2 year full time masters total cost is €8,500.

I have full time employment now and still will if i don't get a place on the course.I really need a new car soon but will not be able to do the masters without the funding! I don't know what to do! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Hi Camoge,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

It would be best to call our Lending team on 0818 200 334 and a member of our Loans team will be happy to give you further advice and can go through the factors that can apply for your application. Our Lending team are available 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday. There are many factors that are taken into account when you apply for a loan and we would be unable to advise further on this here on Boards.

Alternatively you can arrange an appointment in your branch to speak with an advisor. Please find the option to arrange an appointment in your account holding or local branch here.

Please let us know if you need help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement