Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closed account: not received closing bill yet?

Options
  • 03-03-2015 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

Was on an Eircom bundle package (efibre unlimited/Talk off peak.). BB ceased on 19 February, voice around the 23rd. Still haven't received my final bill. However €50 was deducted from my bank a/c today from my last bill (dated 13 Feb). Shouldn't a closing bill have overriden this bill sooner and stopped today's deduction? Can PM my Eircom a/c number to an agent here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

B17G wrote: »
    Was on an Eircom bundle package (efibre unlimited/Talk off peak.). BB ceased on 19 February, voice around the 23rd. Still haven't received my final bill. However €50 was deducted from my bank a/c today from my last bill (dated 13 Feb). Shouldn't a closing bill have overriden this bill sooner and stopped today's deduction? Can PM my Eircom a/c number to an agent here.
    Hi B17G

Feel free to PM me your eircom account number & I'll look in to this for you

Cheers
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

PM sent.

PM sent.
    Thanks,

I'll look in to this for you and get back as soon as possible

Al

Any update on this? Thanks.

Any update on this? Thanks.
    Hi

I can see that your account was closed on the 23/2/15

However the €50 was taken before the account closed (bill dates 13/2/15 for the period of 12/2 to the 11/3)

You will receive a final bill showing a refund from the 23/2 to the 11/3 and the final bill is usually sent by post within 10 to 15 working days of account closure. A cheque for the amount in credit is then sent out within 30 working days of the bill.

Hope this helps

Al

• Advertisement

Received final bill in the post this morning. However I have been charged €29.75.

There are part period charges & credits of -24.58 (not including VAT) for the 19 Feb to 11 Mar.

However there is also a 'modem charge' of 48.77 (not including VAT). What is this? I returned the modem to the Eircom Logistics address at Cragg Avenue.

Can you check this out? Thanks.

Received final bill in the post this morning. However I have been charged €29.75.

There are part period charges & credits of -24.58 (not including VAT) for the 19 Feb to 11 Mar.

However there is also a 'modem charge' of 48.77 (not including VAT). What is this? I returned the modem to the Eircom Logistics address at Cragg Avenue.

Can you check this out? Thanks.
    Hi B17G

I have removed the modem charges (which was obviously charged in error) and your account is now in credit of €30.24. This takes roughly 24hrs to show on your account.

Please contact our accounts team on free phone 1901 to request the credit of 30.24 (after 24 hours of this post) which will then be sent to you by cheque in 30 working days.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Alan. Does this mean that the €29.75 indicated as being owed on the bill (dated 13 March), will now not be taken from my bank a/c on or after 27 March as stated on this bill?

Thanks Alan. Does this mean that the €29.75 indicated as being owed on the bill (dated 13 March), will now not be taken from my bank a/c on or after 27 March as stated on this bill?
    Hi B17G

As the direct debit has already applied for the full amount (as it does ten days before deduction) the full amount will be taken. You will then get another bill with a credit amount which can be requested to be sent by cheque in the post - apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you and I'm sorry I can't stop the direct debit

Thanks
    Al

Alan, I'm only reading your reply now. I was in my bank earlier this afternoon and told them to remove the Eircom direct debit facility from my bank account.  This request for 29.75 is going to bounce back to you.

I returned the modem on 21 February (proof of posting is available if needed). Surely this should have been noted earlier than it was, thereby avoiding this 'modem charge' of 48.77 in a bill dated some 3 weeks after I returned it? After all I was promised this would be my 'final bill', I was in credit, and that I would be reimbursed what I was owed from an earlier bill (13 Feb).

How can we proceed from here?

• Advertisement

Alan, I'm only reading your reply now. I was in my bank earlier this afternoon and told them to remove the Eircom direct debit facility from my bank account.  This request for 29.75 is going to bounce back to you.

I returned the modem on 21 February (proof of posting is available if needed). Surely this should have been noted earlier than it was, thereby avoiding this 'modem charge' of 48.77 in a bill dated some 3 weeks after I returned it? After all I was promised this would be my 'final bill', I was in credit, and that I would be reimbursed what I was owed from an earlier bill (13 Feb).

How can we proceed from here?
    Hi B17G

I've removed the modem charge completely however you are right it should have been noted earlier than it was. I understand that a promise has been broken for which I do apologies for this on behalf of eircom. The next and final bill will show a credit of €30.24 which once you receive you can request by cheque by contacting accounts on free phone 1901.

Al

Thanks Alan.

Just to confirm: this bill (dated 13 March) I received yesterday for €29.75 - nothing will happen, i.e., there will be no direct debit request for this amount? It's been cancelled entirely?

When will the bill for a credit of €30.24 be issued to me?

Thanks Alan.

Just to confirm: this bill (dated 13 March) I received yesterday for €29.75 - nothing will happen, i.e., there will be no direct debit request for this amount? It's been cancelled entirely?

When will the bill for a credit of €30.24 be issued to me?
    Would you prefer me to call to clarify B17G??

You advised that you have stopped the direct debit with the Bank meaning that no direct debit will be taken and you will receive a final bill from eircom with a credit for €30.24.

When you get the bill advising the credit you must contact eircom accounts on free phone 1901 and request that it is sent to you by cheque.

Thanks
    Al

Can PM you a number to clarify should you wish.

The reason I'm asking about the bill for €29.75, is that if you guys try to apply the direct debit, and then it bounces back to you possibly incurring penalties for a failed direct debit collection since I've removed the DD facility from my bank a/c.

Can PM you a number to clarify should you wish.
    I can't B17G - but if you would like to PM me your number I'll call this afternoon

Cheers
    Al

PM with contact number sent.

PM with contact number sent.
    Thanks B17G

Al

Alan, just to let you know that my bank has informed me that the Eircom DD facility has been removed from my bank a/c.

Alan, just to let you know that my bank has informed me that the Eircom DD facility has been removed from my bank a/c.
    Hi B17G

Thanks for taking my call and if there's anything else I can help with please let me know

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement