Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible f##king experience

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

So just had scenes of crime up and had the guy check for prints etc
    Towards AGS yesterday, he was a gent.
    Very understanding. didn't make it feel like he was asking were we OK just for his wage

He also said he sees no reason that I should be refused or delayed in getting a new gun and licence, as he commented on how secure I had the safe.it was just unlucky they got the keys.
    So here's hoping anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Sparks wrote: »
    See, there you go with presumption of innocence again. Yeeesh. :P

Didn't get that at first :) but read through what you and grizz have been discussing and regarding your quoted act, you are right. There are certain crimes where the burden of proof is on the accused, not on AGS. Off the top of my head, possession of stolen property is another such offence. Think it's sec 18 theft and fraud offences act.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fabwing

Did you have a house alarm and was it set , they usually don't bother with houses with alarms they go to the next house without an alarm, you can pm me if you think this question is a private matter.
    djflawless wrote: »
    So just had scenes of crime up and had the guy check for prints etc
    Towards AGS yesterday, he was a gent.
    Very understanding. didn't make it feel like he was asking were we OK just for his wage

He also said he sees no reason that I should be refused or delayed in getting a new gun and licence, as he commented on how secure I had the safe.it was just unlucky they got the keys.
    So here's hoping anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭moreau118

i know a lad who had his rifle stolen out of his jeep as he was having a pint and got another licence so id say you should have no problem seeing as u were doing everything by the book and the lad i new was a moron

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭thetl

bravestar wrote: »
    That would only happen if they were found in possession of the firearm. They would not be automatically charged with that just because a firearm was taken during a burglary which they have committed.

Well known scumbag with 57 previous convictions was caught with a sawn off shotgun in dublin which had been in circulation for 2 years after been stolen from blessington and he got a suspended sentence because he was off drugs,what type of deterrent is that no wonder guns are a target

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

moreau118 wrote: »
    i know a lad who had his rifle stolen out of his jeep as he was having a pint and got another licence so id say you should have no problem seeing as u were doing everything by the book and the lad i new was a moron

Yer man shouldn't be allowed to have a telly licence, let alone a firearm licence after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

House isn't alarmed
    But its in an estate where I can't piss sideways without a neighbour catching me.unfortunately none noticed anything on the night.
    Amazing how people get amnesia or are fast asleep when things really matter...
    Terrible day when I can go take drugs for awhile, get off them and automatically get a get out of jail free card

thetl wrote: »
    Well known scumbag with 57 previous convictions was caught with a sawn off shotgun in dublin which had been in circulation for 2 years after been stolen from blessington and he got a suspended sentence because he was off drugs,what type of deterrent is that no wonder guns are a target

I don't see how that has anything to do with what I said and what you quoted. I never said anything about jail time, just what a person might be charged with.

Are you actually asking me what type of deterrent it is? If you are, then my answer is, none whatsoever. You should be asking the judge who handed out that sentence that question. You do realise that AGS do not hand out sentences don't you?

I also do not personally believe that guns are a target in 99. 9% of cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Then you gotta ask where the judges going to put these people?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Then you gotta ask where the judges going to put these people?

My personal preference is for the Mariana trench.... ;)
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariana_Trench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Only one problem with that, sh1t floats.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Failing that,dont we have some small islands with SFA growing on them,horrible weather,bugger all else bar rocks ,and poor grass a few miles off our West coast?? Why not take one of these islands and turn it into a prision colony ala "Escape from New York" 24/7/365 exclusion zone to one mile from the island
    Let the Atlanticweather and tides be the gaurdian,and in the good weather stick up and out a few gunships and patrol boats to shoot or destroy anything floating or flying within one mile of said island?Be alot cheaper methinks than building new jails on the taxpayer and plenty of room too for a criminal pouplation. A sort of Atlantic gulag?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement