Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

700-800 for remaining parts.

Options
  • 03-03-2015 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

1. What is your budget? probably around 700-800 for the remaining parts.

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming + extensive work with VM's. (Thus the large RAM below)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No.

However, I have already bought the following
    HyperX FURY 240GB
    HyperX FURY Series 32GB.

5. Do you need a monitor? No
    have 22" 1920 x 1080. Has DVI and VGA connectors.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?
    See below

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? Card / bank transfer

9. When are you purchasing? ASAP.

So to wrap it up, I have about 700-800 for the following
    Tower.
    CPU
    GPU
    MOBO
    PSU

Keyboard and Mouse, hmm. not 100% sure what to do about them yet. Would be nice to get a nice pair, I had a R.A.T 7 and a Corsair k50, but sold them a few months back. If someone similar to them can be squeezed into the budget, that would be fantastic.

Finally, I don't want a loud PC. Had a corsair H50 cooler, and it was fantastic. Could run fans on low and temps never went high. So, would love to keep that in mind when selecting components. Good quality fans and a nice tower. (Hopefully not a massive tower) would be suitable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Any suggestions? :)

Did some looking around, was thinking of the following

MSI Z97 5
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00K8KPXUO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Core i7 4790K
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KPRWAX8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1A2ITNOSG7IH1

Corsair 750w PSU
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FG9FTDI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    (i like the modular design, and I've always had issues with cables being too short for some cases.. I want something where I can hide every cable)

Cooler Master v8
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DI7002K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    Not sure of the noise of these, but it looks pretty nice!

Other thoughts, I'd like a possible cube shaped tower.
    Something not gigantic, but not m-atx either.

Thinking of going ahead with the items above, but still looking for suggestions.

Also need some input on GPU and a case?

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Awkward Customer

Working on a build for you now. Is your budget still 700-800? If so fitting a gpu and case along with the parts you've already picked will be tough. I'm guessing you'll need a hdd to go with your ssd?

Although it looks really nice I'd stay away from that cooler as I have doubts if you'd be able to fit all your ram sticks along with it and its overpriced imo. Finally seeing as you want to hide your cables would you prefer the case to have a window or is a quiet case a priority?

Cheers bud.

Ideally, a window would be nice, always something good to look at. But it's not essential. Silence is more of a priority.

Don't need a HDD. Have the SSD and a few 1tb drives to go in.

All thats left to get is
    GPU
    CPU
    MOBO
    CASE
    Cooler
    PSU

Think I could maybe stretch my budget to 1000 if essential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Cheers bud.

Ideally, a window would be nice, always something good to look at. But it's not essential. Silence is more of a priority.

Don't need a HDD. Have the SSD and a few 1tb drives to go in.

All thats left to get is
    GPU
    CPU
    MOBO
    CASE
    Cooler
    PSU

Think I could maybe stretch my budget to 1000 if essential.

should be looking at a good solid rig.

Guess gpu should be an r9 290x or gtx 970. Noise wise maybe lean gtx 970

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Awkward Customer

Got something put together for 943 including delivery. i.imgur.com/KPCMtom.jpg
    Cases can be quite subjective so maybe you might like something else instead, otherwise I think its a pretty good build. If you really had to you could drop the i7 and get the i5 4690k instead and it'd come to about 840. Prices include the geizhals discount so don't forget to add to basket from there. Hopefully someone else can check over the build and see if theres anything that should be changed.

Advertisement