Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyeshadow Palette for Mam

Options
  • 03-03-2015 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

Hi girls. I've been thinking of buying a nice eyeshadow palette for my mother for Mother's Day.

Ideally, it would have a good range of colours, not just a palette of one type. I.E I don't want a palette of just browns & neutrals...it'd be nice if I could get a palette with a variety of colours, for when she wants to experiment.

I don't have a lot of money to spend so if it's possible to get something for under €40, that'd be ideal.
    Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I got a Sleek palette for a friend in her 50's around Christmas and she loves it; the one I got is Vintage Romance, which has lots of different jewel colours but they're quite muted so lovely for blending. It has a mixture of matte and shimmery shadows. http://www.sleekmakeup.com/i-divine-vintage-romance
    I like Garden of Eden too, lovely for brown eyes I'd say.
    Best bit is they're only €10, but the packaging is really robust (and looks good too) and there's a decent sized mirror (that was the first comment my friend made when she opened it, as the mirrors are sometimes too small).
    Maybe a nice coloured eyeliner would be a good partner for it?
    I'll be interested to see other responses to this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

I second the Sleek suggestion. I got the Storm one recently and the colours come out fantastically. They're excellent for blending and experimenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Oh wow, thank you so much..this is EXACTLY what I had in mind!

I have heard of Sleek but I didn't know much about their range. After having a look on Boots website, I'm mesmerised; so many beautiful products and the prices are amazing!

I'm going to have to treat myself now as well as Mam.
    Thanks a million!!

By the way, do any of you girls know which Boots stock Sleek products?
    I know the website's advertising a whole range, but I'd like to buy in-store.
    Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

fussyonion wrote: »
    By the way, do any of you girls know which Boots stock Sleek products?
    I know the website's advertising a whole range, but I'd like to buy in-store.
    Thank you :)

Dundrum does but the instore selection can be awful, always sold out of the good stuff!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I <3 Sleek Palettes. Have the Vintage Romance one, it's lovely. Boots in the Ilac in Dublin carries them. (just don't get one of their eyeliner markers to go with because those are pure rubbish)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I thought it said MAN. I should probably head to bed.

Thanks PinkLemonade and MissF.
    I was hoping Boots in The Square might stock a good range, but I'll call them tomorrow and ask them.
    Failing that, I'll head to Dundrum for a browse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Liffey Valley sells Sleek, does the Jevis st sell it also?

I've heard that Blank canvas palettes are good, never seen them or tried them myself though

http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/categories/contour-palettes/eye-palettes.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Superdrug also does sleek - Boots in Stephens green has a good display - no clue about the Square though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

The Sleek palettes are great value for money & also a handy size to pop into your handbag. The Blank Canvas palettes have lots of colours but also lots of fallout so not worth it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭mulbot

Chris___ wrote: »
    I thought it said MAN. I should probably head to bed.

me too-now if only someone starts that thread,will stop the confusion

Advertisement