Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Normal Insurance For Vintage Car.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Alan Ashe

Looking good so far. I'll post how I get on when I actually have my policy, which will be in a few weeks.
    For anyone following the same path and wants proper insurance, I can tell you that there's a way.
    Thanks very much for all the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Thanks for the update.
    Please keep us informed when you get the RR on the road. Can only be of assistance to others in a similar situation to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Alan, I'm insuring a 1979 fiat x19 through liberty, via cfm group (insure my van amongst other services) quote renewal this month is 385.00 euro. I'm not in a position to avail of classic insurance, its a long story but I can live with 385 3rd party fire and theft.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Alan Ashe

So, for anyone who might be interested, I have found a solution to my initial question, relating to normal insurance on a classic/vintage vehicle. Thank you to all the Boards members who helped me out, through the open forum and also through the PM's. It's directly thanks to you members that I finally found the proper insurance for my exact needs.
    I know that this isn't just about me. I've learned that there are many of you out there who are facing the same scenario that I faced. So, it would be wrong of me not to inform everyone else how to get the correct insurance for their vehicle.
    To sum it up, Barrett's, located in Dun Laoighaire, operating as a broker, were able to facilitate me with everything I asked for in a special insurance policy. Actually, it's an amazing policy!!
    Please PM me if you need anymore specific information if you're looking for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pryantcc

Good news Alan!
    PM sent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement