Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Duffy bmw - bit of a mess !

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Did you kick any tyres?

I had a look in what I was interested in.
    It was trying to get sale staff interested in me!!

I was actually ignored for a person who walked in well after me, I wasn't approached once and when I witnessed how that person was welcomed, warmly I said I'm out of here.

All of this After I had enquired for a list of second hand cars.

I have given them a second chance for service, they didn't treat me any better the second time.

I will not be back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭goochy

i think they should have done more than just replaced the filter foc lancaster 7 - should have given u something as goodwill gesture
    not into bikes myself but kearys bmw seem to have a good bike operation notice plenty of enthuasists looking around . kearys are one impressive company - i am a dub myself it was set up by a dub who also moved to cork !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Joe Duffy BMW and your dealer in NI would be submitting claims for goodwill to seperate BMW Warranty departments who operate vastly differing policies on goodwill believe it or not.
    On a separate note, is it only in the motor trade that a warranty or extended warranty which has a clearly defined expiry date, is expected to be honoured long after this expiry date has passed? I find it very odd myself that customers use the old line, "shur its only a year out of warranty, surely its covered"?

In my experience BMW are the leading manufacturer with regard to offering goodwill on failed items outside of their warranty period.

A lot depends really on how long the warranty was originally - and thus what age the car actually is at "only a year out of warranty"

Well worth a go for the customer - if they feel an issue shouldn't have happened. Worst that will happen is that the manufacturer will say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Your motorbike has screenwash and wipers?

BMW C1 maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭ourheritage

In 2008 I got a 00 Volvo V40 from Spirit Sandyford, and its still going strong at fifteen years

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jdmauto

freddieot wrote: »
    Owned by a UK company, run by a scot...............

You seem to know an awful lot about them for someone with no interest in buying a car there because of the ambiance...

I've gone into several dealers and not liked the decor or the plot on the other side of the street, but I have not taken the trouble to start posting about it and researching the Company ownership and the nationality of the Management. It's starting to sound a bit like you have another agenda here, apologies if I'm wrong but that's now the way it seems to me

For the record Joe Duffy Motor Group is not a UK owned company. If the level of service that was recieved did not meet your expectation then you should contact the CEO of Joe Duffy Gavin Hydes whilst he may be Scottish I do know that he takes feedback seriously and cares about the experience customers recieve.

Assume u are connected to company ? It was definitely bought by a uk company in recent years but joe duffy is obviously registered as irish company would that be correct ?

Assume u are connected to company ? It was definitely bought by a uk company in recent years but joe duffy is obviously registered as irish company would that be correct ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jdmauto

I am aware of the business and i can assure you that Joe Duffy are an Irish Owned company and are not UK owned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement