Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acceptable that a Minister takes part in blood sports?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,934 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Dude, that was a joke, look back at what I quoted and the context. How you thought I was serious is beyond me.

And those that want to farm the preserved habitat?

Fair enough. Anyway you can try and find out which of your neighbours is the dickhead?

From what I know, from crossing swords with you before, I accept that you meant it as a joke but it's not clear from your post. One of these might of helped :P

How does killing Hen Harriers protect the habitat ? The Harriers go there because it is their natural habitat.

The reason that I raise the poisoning is because of the effect that "legal" cruelty like Hunting, Coursing etc can have on the perception of Wildlife. If we are constantly told, by the hunting lobby, that Foxes are vermin then it's no wonder that idiots use rat poison. There is now a risk of the same being applied to Badgers, Seals, Otters etc.

By the way those who claim that a ban on hunting would result in hounds & horses being put down should look at what happened in the UK. As far as I can see all the hunts are still in business & they have switched to drag & trail hunting. All of the fun without any of the cruelty. The fact that there is a perfectly good alternative makes the cruelty totally unjustifiable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,941 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Discodog wrote: »
    From what I know, from crossing swords with you before, I accept that you meant it as a joke but it's not clear from your post. One of these might of helped :P

Ah come on, read the post properly.
    How does killing Hen Harriers protect the habitat ? The Harriers go there because it is their natural habitat.

Right. It's obvious I'm going to have to spell this out for you.

Protection of hen harriers = land being left as wilderness = farmers can't farm it = farmer kills hen harrier = they can farm the land again. I'm in agreement with you. I don't like our nature being wiped out. Stop wasting your time preaching and try and do something about your neighbours poisoning land.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Ah come on, read the post properly.

Right. It's obvious I'm going to have to spell this out for you.

Protection of hen harriers = land being left as wilderness = farmers can't farm it = farmer kills hen harrier = they can farm the land again. I'm in agreement with you. I don't like our nature being wiped out. Stop wasting your time preaching and try and do something about your neighbours poisoning land.

Oh you meant preserve the farmer's habitat not the natural habitat. You should know by now that I do far more than so called preaching. The poisoning wasn't in my immediate vicinity but it is being investigated. However the chances of a prosecution are zero.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I'd say 90%. The hunting community isn't doing enough to protect the killing of this endangered species.
    what do you mean 90%, where did that come from? What does "protect the killing" mean? What does foxhunting have to do with golden eagle preservation? Can't make out what any of that means.
    By the way those who claim that a ban on hunting would result in hounds & horses being put down should look at what happened in the UK. As far as I can see all the hunts are still in business & they have switched to drag & trail hunting.
    I know you can't really believe that?

As far as I have witnessed, real hunting is alive and well in England and Scotland. Renard doesn't dare stick his mischievous head out of the earth yet, or saunter across England's village greens !

what do you mean 90%, where did that come from? What does "protect the killing" mean? What does foxhunting have to do with golden eagle preservation? Can't make out what any of that means.

I know you can't really believe that?

As far as I have witnessed, real hunting is alive and well in England and Scotland. Renard doesn't dare stick his mischievous head out of the earth yet, or saunter across England's village greens !

Renard is busy elsewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement