Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bay leaf ...

Options
  • 03-03-2015 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

anyone check out this new restaurant above the exchange and any good? also any good hidden gems doin good deals...a few have 2 meals and vino for 50euro!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Haven't eaten there but know the head Chef and he's one of the best in Waterford, I believe he does a deal like a meal and wine for 20 euro or something like that, don't quote me, its open 3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I was there about 3 years ago, when the first restaurant opened up. The setup is crazy. We walked up the stairs and into the room, and it basically felt I walked into some ones dining room. Literally standing over the people sitting next to their door, waiting for waitress to sit us down for a few minutes.

Hopefully it's a lot better now with the new guys there, and wish them all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,433 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Restaurants don't seem to realise how disconcerting it is to stand like a spare part waiting for someone to notice you, especially when the waiting area is in the restaurant, rather than in some sort of foyer.

Another experience was the first version of that restaurant that was opposite the cinema - still is but several iterations later. We went in for lunch, the receptionist said rather curtly, sit there - indicating the seats in the window. So we sat and people (employees) were hovering and talking round the reception desk but no-one even spoke to us. So we gave it a few minutes and left.

Advertisement