Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

national insurance "proof of employment"

• 03-03-2015 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Iin order to get a national insurance number From what I understand you need a letter from your employer.will your application still be valid if the letter is dated 2 months in advance.
    basically I have a letter dated for employment in July but want to fly over and do the interview in May.
    all help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

yes you will be fine with that letter, also you could go up to the north for the interview and they will send the number to your address in the republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sideways83

can it be got in the north?.and when i ring them tell them the truth that iam currently living in Ireland but have employment and a letter from the employer that I will be staying at there address?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

sideways83 wrote: »
    can it be got in the north?.and when i ring them tell them the truth that iam currently living in Ireland but have employment and a letter from the employer that I will be staying at there address?.

yes you can, i got it in derry a few months ago but i was after starting my job at that time but if you have a letter it should be no problem, i don't live in the uk as i work offshore month on month off so there was no problem with them when i told them this and they sent the number to my home address in the republic..

Phone them and find out to be sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

I got one without a job 3 years ago, tell them you are job hunting and this will make the process much easier for you.

I also had proof of address when going in

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sideways83

rang the offices in the north today. They said they could only give an interview 2 weeks in advance of starting work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 allic

I applied, all I needed was proof of identity and some sort of proof of address. I am staying with family temporarily so just got them to write me a letter. Did not have to have secured employment just said I was looking for it!! Got the appointment for a week later and national insurance was out 2 weeks later!

Advertisement