Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Railpark robberies 3/3/15

Options
  • 03-03-2015 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Just wanted to let peeps know that 3 houses were broken into today in this estate. Railpark, Maynooth. They got jewellery and cash.
    Be alert folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Friends house in Kingsbry was broken into a few weeks back along with a couple of other ones. Forced the front door (PVC) and got in.

Any idea how they got in, houses alarmed etc..?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

They used a crowbar they nicked from the shed of the first house they robbed to force windows at back of two houses. The third, they kicked the front door in.
    It's a gang of 3, late teens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Sounds like the same two that did two houses next to me a few weeks ago. They already had the crowbar then. First house was vacant and when they went to the next house the alarm went off and they left - wandering up the road swinging the crowbar like it was nothing. A neighbour saw then just walk away not a care in the world.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Thanks for letting us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

There have been a number of robberies in Moyglare Hall recently as well, so Maynooth seems to be a target in general at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mileycactus

There have been a number of robberies in Moyglare Hall recently as well, so Maynooth seems to be a target in general at the moment

whats parts of the estate? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

whats parts of the estate? :eek:

The Green, The Walk, and The Park. In general they were after cars and appear to have been fishing keys out through the letterbox. A couple of the cars were recovered afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭JPF82

mloc123 wrote: »
    Friends house in Kingsbry was broken into a few weeks back along with a couple of other ones. Forced the front door (PVC) and got in.

Any idea how they got in, houses alarmed etc..?

What part of Kingsbry? I live there. Not liking the sound of that.

They are in the 200s, not sure exactly. It was about 3-4 weeks ago now, our community news letter said there were 7 break ins over the past few weeks in our estate in Celbridge... seems to be a big increase recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Ask your TD to get onto the Garda Commissioner, we have no Gardai relative to population size. Catherine Murphy has been vocal on this, not sure about any others though.

• Advertisement

Orion wrote: »
    Sounds like the same two that did two houses next to me a few weeks ago. They already had the crowbar then. First house was vacant and when they went to the next house the alarm went off and they left - wandering up the road swinging the crowbar like it was nothing. A neighbour saw then just walk away not a care in the world.

Yes, that's them. They casually walked up to the house like they owned it. I did hesitate thinking they were visitors to the house... But very quickly realised they weren't. They were clapping each other on the back and laughing.

Vigilance all the way.

Our residents association will be contacting all local TDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Staplor wrote: »
    Catherine Murphy has been vocal on this, not sure about any others though.

Fairly sure they all have been at this stage - its been an issue for decades. It looked like things were getting better when we finally got a 24 hour station closer than Naas but it resulted in Maynooth's hours getting cut so that its basically a desk service for passport applications now.

L1011 wrote: »
    Fairly sure they all have been at this stage - its been an issue for decades. It looked like things were getting better when we finally got a 24 hour station closer than Naas but it resulted in Maynooth's hours getting cut so that its basically a desk service for passport applications now.

If you can get in the door.

Honestly if this was like America where the Sheriff can fund deputies by parking tickets we'd have 50 coppers full time.

Is there something up in Maynooth today, I counted 10, yes 10, squad cars around the police station this morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭karenalot

Would advise people to get a good solid safe for valuables and sentimental items. It wont stop people breaking in but most of them wont go through the time, hassle and noise it takes to try and open one or pull it off a wall.

My mothers house was robbed last year (wedding rings, jewellery from her grandmother etc) which prompted her to get one installed. Burglars came again but this time left the safe alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭shoehorn

Is there something up in Maynooth today, I counted 10, yes 10, squad cars around the police station this morning?

Joan Burton is giving a talk in the college.

Thanks. Never seen so many garda cars gathered in Maynooth. ��

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

anyone know where there were 4/5 Garda cars in the Aldi car park earlier including the Armed response unit?
    It wasn't affecting Aldi is anyway but they seemed to have blocked cars in and it was nearly over when we were parking.

Parents house in Kingsbry done this evening between 6 and 10. Car and safe (containing nothing of value) taken.

Safe wasn't mounted even though I'd told them to do it

sorry to hear that:(
    Did the Gardaí have any idea who might be responsible?

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    Parents house in Kingsbry done this evening between 6 and 10. Car and safe (containing nothing of value) taken.

Safe wasn't mounted even though I'd told them to do it

That is crap. Any idea how they broke in?

mloc123 wrote: »
    That is crap. Any idea how they broke in?

Not been over yet but as far I know they took the slips out of the small pane on the kitchen window - window is old enough to have the slips on the outside, as it took until recently enough for people to realise it was an obvious issue. Breaking glass is noisy and injury (and DNA) prone compared to doing that.

Back garden is fairly isolated as the houses aren't lined up and the neighbours extension means you'd not be seen there unless someone was leaning out a bedroom window.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

I know in my part of Silken Vale that 3 alarms have gone off in the past few days including my own. Mine was during the day, house next door was the middle of the night and the other one was early evening. All within 24hrs of each other. No sign of attempted entry but something had to cause the alarms to go off.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Luluk

I'm in Straffan Wood. Just saw a guy walking around the estate looking at every house and making notes. I didn't recognise him and he didn't look like someone from the management company. I asked him what he was doing and he muttered something unintelligible. I said I was calling the guards and he ran. Wondering if I'm being paranoid but he looked fairly dodgy to me.

well if he ran that maybe a sign too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Luluk

Haha, yeah, the running part definitely made me suspicious! I've reported it to the guards anyway. I really hope they catch these scumbags soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I'm in Moyglare hall and just noticed today arrows etched on the footpath from the broken red stone off the walls, I know from back home in the north east gangs use chalk to mark houses that are empty at certain times but they hid the chalk marks well, these arrows are in plain sight but still a bit worried they might be marking something and was wondering if anyone has noticed arrows or markers like this elsewhere in Maynooth?

Wasn't to do with water meters was it? I saw some arrows for that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Staplor wrote: »
    Wasn't to do with water meters was it? I saw some arrows for that before.

I'm not sure, I've noticed them beside my house and the two houses either side, I'll have a look later to see if all the houses are marked if so then maybe it is to do with water meters.

• Advertisement

I'm in Moyglare hall and just noticed today arrows etched on the footpath from the broken red stone off the walls, I know from back home in the north east gangs use chalk to mark houses that are empty at certain times but they hid the chalk marks well, these arrows are in plain sight but still a bit worried they might be marking something and was wondering if anyone has noticed arrows or markers like this elsewhere in Maynooth?

That is a myth... http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=86273

Advertisement