Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Railpark robberies 3/3/15

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you're concerned about chalk marks anywhere, just wash them off... its usually kids etc (or workmen) rather than actual burglars.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

I'm in Moyglare hall and just noticed today arrows etched on the footpath from the broken red stone off the walls, I know from back home in the north east gangs use chalk to mark houses that are empty at certain times but they hid the chalk marks well, these arrows are in plain sight but still a bit worried they might be marking something and was wondering if anyone has noticed arrows or markers like this elsewhere in Maynooth?

The markings in Moyglare Hall are in relation to building work - they are not anything sinister

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Luluk

The guy I saw hanging around Straffan Wood yesterday was back again today with three of his mates in a black Toyota Avensis. I filmed them trying to break in to a truck belonging to the company that handles our landscaping. They used a plank of wood to try and pry it open and when that failed they brought out a crowbar. This happened at 1300 today in broad daylight. I have passed on the video and registration number to the guards so hopefully they'll catch them soon. Please keep an eye out for this gang and report anything suspicious to the gardai as these guys need to be caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Luluk wrote: »
    The guy I saw hanging around Straffan Wood yesterday was back again today with three of his mates in a black Toyota Avensis. I filmed them trying to break in to a truck belonging to the company that handles our landscaping. They used a plank of wood to try and pry it open and when that failed they brought out a crowbar. This happened at 1300 today in broad daylight. I have passed on the video and registration number to the guards so hopefully they'll catch them soon. Please keep an eye out for this gang and report anything suspicious to the gardai as these guys need to be caught.

Would it be worth posting the reg here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

Luluk wrote: »

Good job, thanks. It's comforting to know that they tried the plank before the crowbar. At least we don't have a problem with criminal masterminds in the town.

• Advertisement

The reg number is <mod snip>. I just called the management company now and they said there has been one other report of an attempted break-in in Straffan Wood recently.

Nino Brown wrote: »
    Good job, thanks. It's comforting to know that they tried the plank before the crowbar. At least we don't have a problem with criminal masterminds in the town.

Definitely not criminal masterminds. It was more like watching Laurel and Hardy tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I shouldn't have to request requesting and posting registrations details to cease, but yet find myself doing anyway

You have no proof of wrong doing apart from a random person's statement on the internet. Would you like your car details slathered all over the web? What's that? "No"? Well don't do it to others.

If you have a concern, report it to the appropriate authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

Thanks for the info on the black avensis. We all really need to be on our guard. I hope they are caught.

Advertisement