Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Put my mind at ease!!:)

Options
  • 03-03-2015 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Ok so I'm long story short have bein feeling a bit off the last week or so had an inkling today and bought a pregnancy test to put my mind at ease (just a tesco brand convinced that it would be negative). Low and behold it came back positive so went and bought 2 clear blue tests both came back positive! Eekk!! So can I 100 percent assume I'm pregnant?? All good if that's the case:) just a big SUPRISE!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Sounds pretty positive to me. Congrats!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 supersiren

Thanks blingy still sittin here in shock! All very new to this feeling. Is the next step to go to my gp? Thanks for the reply:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

supersiren wrote: »
    Thanks blingy still sittin here in shock! All very new to this feeling. Is the next step to go to my gp? Thanks for the reply:-)

Well done to you - congrats - I hope you will have tremendous joy - it is wonderful (I'm a Dad)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

That's what happened me :) felt a bit off, was in tesco so bought their own brand twin pack for about a fiver. Both were positive and my oh got me two clear blues and they were positive too and lo and behold here I am with only 14 weeks to due date :D congrats!! So exciting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

Aw that's great, congratulations supersiren. Exciting times!

• Advertisement

Allirog wrote: »
    That's what happened me :) felt a bit off, was in tesco so bought their own brand twin pack for about a fiver. Both were positive and my oh got me two clear blues and they were positive too and lo and behold here I am with only 14 weeks to due date :D congrats!! So exciting :)

Congratulations:) ha the one I bought in tesco were two for a fiver!! Once the shock has set in the excitement can start!! Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy:)

Well as I said I'm presuming after doing three tests that there's defo something going on:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

And i even said to my oh there's no way the tesco ones can be right because they are cheapo ones!!! Gas! :D

Next step I suppose is maybe try figure out your dates and book an appointment with you gp. Also, have a think about what hospital you want to go to :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

False positives are very very rare so it's safe to assume you are pregnant.

You do not have to go to the GP, but you can if you wish. If you are going to do combined care then you should go to the GP and they will help you fill in the form to apply for the combined care scheme. Your next step after that is to book into your hospital and decide whether you are going public, semi-private or private. Also, if your hospital does it whether you will go for the Domino/Midwife led unit or consultant led care.

If you are going to a Dublin hospital you do not need your GP to refer you to hospital, some regional hospitals might be different.

Thanks for the reply guys!! honestly I'm not really sure on the dates..believe it or not I'm on the pill😱 (which I take as I have done for years) what's sticking out to me is that I was ill around the beginning of February not on antibiotics or anything but it's the only thing that's sticking In my head. Allirog I'm still laughing at myself for expecting the tesco ones not to work!!
    January I don't even know where to star getting my head around the details in your post..I had planned on goin to see my gp on sat morning and see where I go from there!! I have lots of friends that have recently become mothers that I can ask but it's still all very early so I don't want to do that just yet. Thanks for all the replies. X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

+ 1 for the tesco tests, I also made the doctor retest me because I didn't trust tesco own brand :P

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cbb1982

Congrats!

Get to Doc to confirm & get taking your for folic acid etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

The first test I took was when I was away so I was in the chemist trying to find the most simple one that I could understand in rudimentary german! So the one I picked gave an option of schwanger or nicht schwanger. And it told me I was schwanger :D. When we got home from hols I went up to tesco and they only had the cheapo tesco ones or the clearblue and I knew that I was definitely more than 3 weeks so didn't need the precision so opted for the tesco cheap ones! Which gave the same result!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

The first tests I did were 3 for €2 from a euro shop, Tesco I deemed to be too expensive at €5! So after 2 of them came up positive I got a digital test. I wouldn't doubt tests just because they're cheap to buy, they all do the same thing, test for a hormone.

Advertisement