Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salmon Licence online

Options
  • 03-03-2015 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Going to buy a salmon licence online. Only gives me an option for one river basin, but I want to buy a licence to cover all. Can anyone tell me if I'm doing it wrong?:confused:

Theres a drop down menu that says river basin and gives all the river basin areas and you've to pick one, mandatory.

But then, further down the page it gives you a drop down menu again saying "licence type" With the various options, first one being salmon A (Annual) licence fee 50 + 50 conservation stamp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rpmcmurphy

It's the A licence you want as this covers all districts. B-licence is for a specific district.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Username Exists.

Yes you're doing it right.
    Select the main river basin district you will be fishing then select the A license for €100.
    Picking the river basin is to do with where your license will be sent to for processing at the end of the season (they want to send it to the district where most fish on the license were caught first).
    That's the way I understand it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

The licence has to be issued by one of the river basin offices, that's why you select one - usually your local one. Once you select the national licence (€100) you are covered to fish in all RBDs, it doesn't matter which one issues the licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Cheers guys. Licence bought. Here's to a good seasons fishing

Advertisement