Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mutual Funds , Index Trackers

• 03-03-2015 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hello,

So I'm a first time Investor and I want to Invest long term with some passive mutual funds, ETF's and Index Trackers like vanguards.
    Is the only way I can buy these is through a stockbroker? And if so who are the cheapest?
    Will be long term and I know some of the fees from the stockbrokers are chronic , I don't plan on doing any day trading and I know some of them penalize you for an a lack of trading.
    So where is the best place to purchase such products at present in Ireland. I know there are a few similar threads on these topics but some go off on tangents which is be expected :D .
    Just want to know who are the cheapest to invest with?

Thanks in advance

Desmond

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

Sorry Desmond I can't help as I trade,but their are a few on here the invest via etfs ,and i'm sure some of them will be along shortly,seems you have a plan,before you start, which is a novel idea around here:eek::D
    Have you read any John Bogle books ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 oodes

Just polishing off Bogleheads guide to investing hence the strategy :D Ah yeah I'm just researching , might test the water in a few months when I have a bit more research done , problem with these books is that they are very much geared towards the US investor where there seems to be less overheads to work around .
    Thanks for the post

Advertisement