Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Respray in North East?

• 03-03-2015 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend someone who could spray my Vw T25?

Been restoring it for a long time and have it all in primer. Just need someone to finish it off!
    Tried five local sprayers but everyone seems very busy and not very keen and none of them have phoned me back about coming to look at the van!
    Near Shercock in Co. Cavan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Not many painters will finish what someone else has started..

Why not? Painting is the easy part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Why not? Painting is the easy part.

As long as the preparation was done properly...

That or the preparator assumes responsibility for the finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Hmmm maybe from prior experience people presume the "diy" prep has been useless.

I think mine is ok...4 years of work put into it to replace loads of panels and lots of welding in my spare time.... pity no one will even have a look!

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=72888&start=315

IMG_20140713_200236_zpsonn4fxtd.jpg

• Advertisement

Pretty impressive, I don't have that sortov patience.
    Bring photos, some places will be discouraged by a van because it's more work. In the mean time keep her dry, primer absorbs water.

I used epoxy primer which is supposed to be waterproof but she's stored indoors anyway.

Bet that was fun cleaning the airbrushes after.

I thought it was supposed to be absorbent to key the paint.

Crazy quotes coming in of around five grand. Seriously thinking of going the rustoleum route now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Crazy quotes coming in of around five grand. Seriously thinking of going the rustoleum route now.

Epoxy has a recoat window after which the surface becomes difficult to bond to. You may have to use something like Bright sides to go over it without scuffingbit all again.

• Advertisement

Yeah was going to flat it all down first anyway.

Crazy quotes coming in of around five grand.

I had mine done which is bigger for €1.5K by some Polish that've since shut shop. I didn't do any prep and there was a lot of rebuilding in that too.

Those huge quotes don't reflect the cost of the work just the couldn't be arsedness. I remember getting a quote off a guy who said he'd only do as far as he could reach but wasn't getting a ladder for the roof. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Can anyone recommend someone who could spray my Vw T25?

Been restoring it for a long time and have it all in primer. Just need someone to finish it off!
    Tried five local sprayers but everyone seems very busy and not very keen and none of them have phoned me back about coming to look at the van!
    Near Shercock in Co. Cavan.

I think you should finish it your self, watch youtube,
    get a spray gun and wind proof tent : )

Advertisement