Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing ATM Debit Card

Options
  • 03-03-2015 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

My ATM card seems to be damaged. The machines cant read the chip! What is the phone number & what details do I need to have when I call them also what hours are they open.  Sorry for all the questions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

Can be done online .  I called into killester branch  requesting replacement of  damaged card. Told because it was damaged there was no charge and  to do it online.
    I requested new card online and was then charged 8 euro for the pleasure .hungry  shower of ...kers

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Can be done online .  I called into killester branch  requesting replacement of  damaged card. Told because it was damaged there was no charge and  to do it online.
    I requested new card online and was then charged 8 euro for the pleasure .hungry  shower of ...kers
    Blackplum Thats great to hear. Suits me perfect.

Blackplum I am after logging into my account etc & from what I could figure out by ordering a card on-line,  it will be cancelled in 30 days. It was hard to understand.  Maybe I am wrong!! Hopefully Bank of Ireland will get back to me on this. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

hillbloom wrote: »
    Blackplum I am after logging into my account etc & from what I could figure out by ordering a card on-line,  it will be cancelled in 30 days. It was hard to understand.  Maybe I am wrong!! Hopefully Bank of Ireland will get back to me on this. 
    Hi Hillbloom,

Many thanks for your post.

Your ATM card can be re-ordered from your Online Service Desk on Bank of Ireland 365 Online via the 'Re-order ATM or Debit Card' option. This option is used to re-order a damaged card or a card that might be partially working. If for example, the card worked at point of sale but not at ATM, you can re-order using this option. Your existing card will remain active for 30 days after the request has been processed and will then be cancelled.

If you need to cancel a card immediately, Bank of Ireland 365 reps can help with this on 0818 365 365 / +353 1 404400. Reps are available from 8am - 12midnight Mon - Fri and 9am - 6pm Sat, Sun and Bank/Public Holidays.

Thanks

Billy

Billy 
    The ATM card is not working at ALL anywhere. 

The 30 days relates to the old broken/damaged ATM card, nothing to do with the new card

Am I correct with that?

I am not stuck as I have another card so I will use the on-line option.

Thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

hillbloom wrote: »
    Billy 
    The ATM card is not working at ALL anywhere. 

The 30 days relates to the old broken/damaged ATM card.

When I get my new card thats my card until its expiry date.

Am I correct with that?
    Hi hillbloom,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes the 30 days does relate to your damaged/old ATM card.

After you have ordered your new card, this will take five to six working days to be sent in the post. Your new card will then have an updated expiry date.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭dragon5678

Hi hillbloom,

Thanks for your reply.

After you have ordered your new card, this will take five to six working days to be sent in the post. Your new card will then have an updated expiry date.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Sarah

Just a quick question in relation to this. If the card is ordered online in this manner, will I be charged the €8? My card is also damaged (the contactless has stopped working and the chip works intermittently) and I also have a normal visa debit card when I should have a 3rd level student visa debit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

dragon5678 wrote: »
    Hi hillbloom,

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Sarah

Just a quick question in relation to this. If the card is ordered online in this manner, will I be charged the €8? My card is also damaged (the contactless has stopped working and the chip works intermittently) and I also have a normal visa debit card when I should have a 3rd level student visa debit card.
    Hi dragon5678,

Thanks for your post. 

Yes you will be charged the €8 replacement card fee. However to ensure you receive a 3rd Level Visa Debit card it would be best to call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365.A representative can then check that this card type is ordered for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Dreagon5678 If you had a student card you wouldn't have to pay fees.  The Banks are very greedy charging 8e for replacement card when it just wont work.  Maybe if it was lost & the card had to be cancelled I would agree. 

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

I thought it was bad the time I got robbed, and along with losing money in my wallet, I also had to pay to replace bank card. Broken bank card seems worse!

If you've lost a bank card, do you still pay the 40c charge for manually withdrawing money?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Glazun

Thanks for getting in touch on Boards.ie today.

There is a charge of 60 cents for a staff assisted transaction in branch. If you need to manually withdraw funds at the counter, this charge will apply. Once you have use of your Debit Card again and withdraw from ATM, charge is 25 cents. Debit Card 'point of sale' transactions are 10 cents and requesting cash back on these transactions can also help minimise fees.

More information can be found on our Fees & Charges here

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭dragon5678

Hi dragon5678,

Thanks for your post. 

Yes you will be charged the €8 replacement card fee. However to ensure you receive a 3rd Level Visa Debit card it would be best to call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365.A representative can then check that this card type is ordered for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hillbloom wrote:
    Dreagon5678 If you had a student card you wouldn't have to pay fees. The Banks are very greedy charging 8e for replacement card when it just wont work. Maybe if it was lost & the card had to be cancelled I would agree.

Hi Sarah

Thank you for your response.

It's a bit bad that I can't get the fee for a replacement card waived when my card is damaged because the new cards do not last until the expiry date and I was issued the wrong card when I should have a Student Debit Card instead of a generic card. Also when the contactless doesn't work anymore and I have to inconvience everyone in a queue by using the chip and pin functionality of the card. Plus this fee should not apply to 3rd level accounts!

Bank of Ireland is the only bank that I am aware of that charge a fee for replacing a card. The only reason I stay with you is because of the 3rd level account but when it converts to a normal account, I will be changing banks.

Dragon5678

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

dragon5678 wrote: »
    Hi Sarah

Thank you for your response.

It's a bit bad that I can't get the fee for a replacement card waived when my card is damaged because the new cards do not last until the expiry date and I was issued the wrong card when I should have a Student Debit Card instead of a generic card. Also when the contactless doesn't work anymore and I have to inconvience everyone in a queue by using the chip and pin functionality of the card. Plus this fee should not apply to 3rd level accounts!

Bank of Ireland is the only bank that I am aware of that charge a fee for replacing a card. The only reason I stay with you is because of the 3rd level account but when it converts to a normal account, I will be changing banks.

Dragon5678
    Hi dragon5678,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that you are considering moving your account.

The €8.00 charge will apply for a replacement card but if you would like to discuss this further I can certainly arrange a call back for you. Please send your name, branch and a contact number in a PM.

If there is anything else that I can help you with here please let me know.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement