Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Acrobat Interactive Form

Options
  • 03-03-2015 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,
    I've made an interactive form for a wedding invite. I have a submit button, linking to an email address.
    Since this form will be attached, only as a normal PDF the link to the email wont work directly. It gives you instructions to save the document and send as an attachment.
    I understand the reason for why this happens but would like to make it easy for the user.
    I have 2 thought in my head and I know its not too complex.
    First is to have a url type link, click on it and it'll open the pdf in a web browser. When you press send, it will send.
    Second, have the pdf embedded on the email I'm sending. So when the user gets it, they hit send it would send from their email back.
    Anyway, any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Build the email in HTML. Embed the form and have the action as a "mailto:" trigger to open a new email to send back within their client.

Note: this might get spam blocked by some clients or spam suites, but any email soliciting replies like that likely will.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

ED E wrote: »
    Build the email in HTML. Embed the form and have the action as a "mailto:" trigger to open a new email to send back within their client.

Note: this might get spam blocked by some clients or spam suites, but any email soliciting replies like that likely will.

Won't work if the recipient uses webmail and doesn't use a proper email client.

Advertisement