Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Start

Options
  • 03-03-2015 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

We received a consent form from our creche today for the Better Start program.

The form was accompanied with an information leaflet and I like the concept but I'm a little unclear on a few things.
    Would anyone know if this is a new program that's been put in place this year? The website says it's "new" but it's not dated, so I'm not sure when it was new!!

I don't have an issue with some of data collected (gender, age, room) etc. Learning stories, artwork and activities are recorded and images may be used in publications, materials, presentations and on their website

I'm not keen on images of my child being placed on their website or in their publications. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an opt out of just the image rights. Do other posters have a similar understanding? Or am I being overly protective/sensitive?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Huh, I would have thought they'd have to ask your permission for image rights, here in France you have to sign a form giving the creche permission to take pictures of your child.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

Yeah, if I opt out (i.e. dont sign the consent form), I opt out of the whole program.
    I think this would be a shame as I do feel its a positive initiative.
    I'm just not keen on images of my child being used to promote it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Handwrite on the form exactly what you want to opt out of, instead of just ticking a box. Sign it and date it. I've done the same with consent forms for hospitals, work etc.

I have given permission to take photographs of our children for the reports they do, but not to publish them externally.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Here is the link for anyone that does not know what "Better Start" is - https://www.pobal.ie/BetterStart/Pages/Home.aspx

Advertisement